S38A Mullard tubes
- Manufacturer / Brand
- Siera; Belgien
- Broadcast Receiver - or past WW2 Tuner
- Radiomuseum.org ID
Click on the schematic thumbnail to request the schematic as a free document.
- Number of Tubes
- Main principle
- Superheterodyne (common); ZF/IF 115 kHz; 2 AF stage(s)
- Tuned circuits
- 7 AM circuit(s)
- Wave bands
- Broadcast, Long Wave and Short Wave.
- Visual Tuning Indicator pre Eye
- Power type and voltage
- Alternating Current supply (AC) / 105-260 Volt
- Permanent Magnet Dynamic (PDyn) Loudspeaker (moving coil)
- Wooden case
- from Radiomuseum.org
- Model: S38A [Mullard tubes] - Siera; Belgien
- Tablemodel, high profile (upright - NOT Cathedral nor decorative).
- Dimensions (WHD)
- 400 x 490 x 230 mm / 15.7 x 19.3 x 9.1 inch
3 Band reception:
- LW: 700 - 1900 m
- BC: 170 - 580 m
- SW: 16.7 - 51 m
Tuning scale light bulbs type: 2 x 8046 (6 V / 500 mA).
Loudspeaker Philips type unknown but with permanent magnet.
Connectors for a second high impedance loudspeaker and a pick-up.
Cabinet in varnished walnut veneer.
There is also a version S38A with Philips tubes.
- Net weight (2.2 lb = 1 kg)
- 18.5 kg / 40 lb 12 oz (40.749 lb)
- Price in first year of sale
- 2,650.00 BEF
- Mentioned in
- - - Manufacturers Literature (Siera memento of tubes and models 1932-1946)
- Literature/Schematics (1)
- -- Original-techn. papers.
- Model page created by John Koster. See "Data change" for further contributors.
- Other Models
Here you find 439 models, 400 with images and 178 with schematics for wireless sets etc. In French: TSF for Télégraphie sans fil.
All listed radios etc. from Siera; Belgien