S.Super Six (S.Super Zes) SS6
- Manufacturer / Brand
- Siera; Belgien
- Broadcast Receiver - or past WW2 Tuner
- Radiomuseum.org ID
Click on the schematic thumbnail to request the schematic as a free document.
- Number of Tubes
- Main principle
- Superheterodyne (common); ZF/IF 115 kHz
- Wave bands
- Broadcast (MW) and Long Wave.
- Power type and voltage
- Alternating Current supply (AC) / 103; 111; 116; 127; 135; 143; 155; 196; 210; 225; 240; 253 Volt
- Permanent Magnet Dynamic (PDyn) Loudspeaker (moving coil) / Ø 17 cm = 6.7 inch
- Wooden case
- from Radiomuseum.org
- Model: S.Super Six SS6 - Siera; Belgien
- Tablemodel, Tombstone = decorative upright, not cathedral but can have rounded edges.
- Dimensions (WHD)
- 410 x 490 x 220 mm / 16.1 x 19.3 x 8.7 inch
2 Band reception:
Tuning scale light bulb type: 8046 (6V, 500mA).Loudspeaker Philips type 4281. Connectors for second loudspeaker and for pick-up.This model is related to Ténor Super-Six but with different tubes.
- LW: 850 - 2000 m.
- BC: 200 - 600 m.
There is one schematic with this model coming from P.H.Brans (ID=474609). This schematic contains multiple errors: (as well as the one from J.G.R. Van Dijck, probably copied from Brans or vice-versa)
- Oscillator triode defined as SP4 (tetrode) - must be 104V (Mullard).
- I.F. tetrode defined as 104D (triode) - must be SP4 (Mullard).
- Rectifier BV2X is non-existent - must be DW2X (Mullard).
- I.F. defined at 420 kHz - very unlikely in 1933 - must be 115 kHz.
Schematic ID=1939586 has been updated with data from the booklet "Siera memento of tubes and models 1932-1946" verified with a real model in original condition.
- Net weight (2.2 lb = 1 kg)
- 12 kg / 26 lb 6.9 oz (26.432 lb)
- Price in first year of sale
- 2,950.00 BFR
- Mentioned in
- - - Manufacturers Literature (Siera memento of tubes and models 1932-1946)
- Literature/Schematics (1)
- Röhren-Vademecum; P.H. Brans; Antwerpen (p.243)
- Literature/Schematics (2)
- -- Schematic (Radio Schakelingen, J.G.R. van Dijck)
- Model page created by John Koster. See "Data change" for further contributors.
- Other Models
Here you find 436 models, 396 with images and 177 with schematics for wireless sets etc. In French: TSF for Télégraphie sans fil.
All listed radios etc. from Siera; Belgien