Silver Six early
- United States of America (USA)
- Manufacturer / Brand
- Silver - Marshall; Chicago, IL
- Broadcast Receiver - or past WW2 Tuner
- Radiomuseum.org ID
- Number of Tubes
- Main principle
- TRF with regeneration; 2 AF stage(s)
- Tuned circuits
- 3 AM circuit(s)
- Wave bands
- Broadcast only (MW).
- Power type and voltage
- Storage and/or dry batteries
- - This model requires external speaker(s).
- Wooden case
- from Radiomuseum.org
- Model: Silver Six [early] - Silver - Marshall; Chicago, IL
- Tablemodel, Box - most often with Lid (NOT slant panel).
Designed and first introduced in 1925 by McMurdo Silver. The set was described in the November, 1925 Radio Broadcast magazine. Kits of the set were available for the radio builder. The kit was supplied with Silver Marshall combination UV/UX tube sockets.
The set was initially a five tube set with transformer coupled audio amplification but a later six tube model was sold with an additional stage of audio added to compensate for the less efficient resistance coupled audio amplifiers that were used in the later set.
- Mentioned in
- Radio Broadcast Magazine (November, 1925 Radio Broadcast magazine page 36-40)
- Literature/Schematics (1)
- Model page created by Alan Larsen. See "Data change" for further contributors.
- Other Models
Here you find 225 models, 114 with images and 122 with schematics for wireless sets etc. In French: TSF for Télégraphie sans fil.
All listed radios etc. from Silver - Marshall; Chicago, IL