Duplex Autotune S327
- Great Britain (UK)
- Manufacturer / Brand
- Sobell Ind., Slough
- Broadcast Receiver - or past WW2 Tuner
- Radiomuseum.org ID
Click on the schematic thumbnail to request the schematic as a free document.
- Number of Transistors
- Main principle
- Superheterodyne (common); ZF/IF 470 kHz; 3 AF stage(s)
- Tuned circuits
- 5 AM circuit(s)
- Wave bands
- Broadcast, Long Wave and Short Wave.
- Power type and voltage
- Dry Batteries / PP9: 9 Volt
- Permanent Magnet Dynamic (PDyn) Loudspeaker (moving coil)
- Plastics (no bakelite or catalin)
- from Radiomuseum.org
- Model: Duplex Autotune S327 - Sobell Ind., Slough
- Portable set > 8 inch (also usable without mains)
A battery portable 7 transistor radio covering MW (196-557 metres), LW (1212-2070 metres) and Bandspread covering the high frequency end of MW (185-222 metres). It also has a 'Duplex Automatic Tuning' feature, it has a second tuning gang pre-tuned to a radio station which can be selected instantly by pressing the "Duplex" button. Also, when the radio is tuned into the Home Service London MW station on the main tuning scale, pressing the LW automatically selects the Light Programme on LW, and then pressing the Bandspread button automatically selects Radio Luxembourg on Bandspread MW. Sockets for car aerial and earphone.
- Mentioned in
- -- Original-techn. papers.
- Literature/Schematics (1)
- Trader Service Sheet (suppl. of Wireless & El. Trader, etc.) (1774 dated 7 October 1966)
- Model page created by Peter Hoddow. See "Data change" for further contributors.
- Other Models
Here you find 112 models, 60 with images and 90 with schematics for wireless sets etc. In French: TSF for Télégraphie sans fil.
All listed radios etc. from Sobell Ind., Slough