Compact Disc Player CDP-C205
- Manufacturer / Brand
- Sony Corporation; Tokyo
- 1990 ?
- Sound/Video Recorder and/or Player
- Radiomuseum.org ID
Click on the schematic thumbnail to request the schematic as a free document.
- Number of Transistors
- Semiconductors present.
- Main principle
- Wave bands
- - without
- CD-Player, -Writer, MD, MOD (audio); Hi-Fi equipment
- Power type and voltage
- Alternating Current supply (AC) / 120 Volt
- - For headphones or amp.
- Metal case
- from Radiomuseum.org
- Model: Compact Disc Player CDP-C205 - Sony Corporation; Tokyo
- Book-shelf unit.
- Dimensions (WHD)
- 430 x 110 x 385 mm / 16.9 x 4.3 x 15.2 inch
A stereo hi-fi 5 disc carousel changer compact disc player. Dual D/A Converter System, 4 Times Oversampling Digital Filter, RCA phono sockets for Line Output and a jack for headphones with volume control.
Specification System Compact disc digital audio system Laser (KSS-240A) Semiconductor laser (λ = 780 nm)
Emission duration: continuous
Frequency response 2 Hz - 20 kHz (+1 dB, -1.2 dB) Signal to noise ratio More than 93 dB Dynamic range More than 90 dB Harmonic distortion Less than 0.05% (1 kHz) Channel separation More than 90 dB (1 kHz) Wow and flutter Below measurable limit Outputs Line Out
Output level 2 V (at 50 kΩ)
Load impedance over 10 kΩ
(stereo phone jack)
Output level 0 - 10 mW (variable)
(at 32 Ω)
US: / 120V AC 60Hz
Power consumption: 11 W
- Net weight (2.2 lb = 1 kg)
- 4.9 kg / 10 lb 12.7 oz (10.793 lb)
- Literature/Schematics (1)
- - - Manufacturers Literature (Service manual CDP-35/C201/C205/C305 dated 1990.4)
- Model page created by Howard Craven. See "Data change" for further contributors.
- Other Models
Here you find 3864 models, 3729 with images and 934 with schematics for wireless sets etc. In French: TSF for Télégraphie sans fil.
All listed radios etc. from Sony Corporation; Tokyo