- Manufacturer / Brand
- Sony Corporation; Tokyo
- Broadcast Receiver - or past WW2 Tuner
- Radiomuseum.org ID
Click on the schematic thumbnail to request the schematic as a free document.
- Number of Transistors
- Main principle
- Superheterodyne (common); 3 AF stage(s)
- Tuned circuits
- 5 AM circuit(s)
- Wave bands
- Broadcast only (MW).
- Power type and voltage
- Dry Batteries / 3 x 1,5 Volt
- Permanent Magnet Dynamic (PDyn) Loudspeaker (moving coil) - elliptical / Ø 10 cm = 3.9 inch
- Power out
- 0.2 W (unknown quality)
- Wooden case
- from Radiomuseum.org
- Model: TR-72 - Sony Corporation; Tokyo
- Portable set > 8 inch (also usable without mains)
- Dimensions (WHD)
- 260 x 178 x 83 mm / 10.2 x 7 x 3.3 inch
This early transistor radio, Sony TR-72 or TR72 (TR 72) came after the TR-55 - in real quantities believed to be about 40,000 Sony TR-72 . It is a wooden table top radio. TR-72 arrived in January 1956. The circuit diagram shown is of a late version of the TR-72 An early circuit diagram of the TR-72 was shown in Electronics July 1956 "Transistor Circuity in Japan", equipped with 2T51, 2x2T52,2T61,2T62,2x2T61.
- Net weight (2.2 lb = 1 kg)
- 1.9 kg / 4 lb 3 oz (4.185 lb)
- Price in first year of sale
- 23,900.00 yen
- Model page created by Ernst Erb. See "Data change" for further contributors.
- Other Models
Here you find 3800 models, 3666 with images and 847 with schematics for wireless sets etc. In French: TSF for Télégraphie sans fil.
All listed radios etc. from Sony Corporation; Tokyo