Sparton 57 AC-DC
- United States of America (USA)
- Manufacturer / Brand
- Sparks-Withington Co., (Sparton); Jackson, Michigan
- Broadcast Receiver - or past WW2 Tuner
- Radiomuseum.org ID
Click on the schematic thumbnail to request the schematic as a free document.
- Number of Tubes
- Main principle
- Superheterodyne (common); ZF/IF 456 kHz; 2 AF stage(s)
- Tuned circuits
- 6 AM circuit(s)
- Wave bands
- Broadcast and Short Wave (SW).
- Power type and voltage
- AC/DC-set / 115 Volt
- Electro Magnetic Dynamic LS (moving-coil with field excitation coil)
- Wooden case
- from Radiomuseum.org
- Model: Sparton 57 AC-DC - Sparks-Withington Co., Sparton
- Tablemodel, with any shape - general.
Model 57 AC-DC is a 5-tube superheterodyne for broadcast reception 540 to 1600 kHz including police calls and short waves to 6 MHz. It has automatic volume control (AVC).
See the article here about season 1934/35.
- Price in first year of sale
- 29.95 $
- External source of data
- Ernst Erb
- Source of data
- The Radio Collector's Directory and Price Guide 1921 - 1965
- Circuit diagram reference
- Rider's Perpetual, Volume 5 = ca. 1934 and before
- Mentioned in
- Collector's Guide to Antique Radios 4. Edition (Rider's 5-3, 5-4, 5-5)
- Literature/Schematics (1)
- Machine Age to Jet Age II (page 281.)
- Other Models
Here you find 732 models, 349 with images and 658 with schematics for wireless sets etc. In French: TSF for Télégraphie sans fil.
All listed radios etc. from Sparks-Withington Co., (Sparton); Jackson, Michigan