- United States of America (USA)
- Manufacturer / Brand
- Stromberg-Carlson Co. ; Rochester (NY)
- Broadcast Receiver - or past WW2 Tuner
- Radiomuseum.org ID
- Brand: Te-Lek-Tor-Et
Click on the schematic thumbnail to request the schematic as a free document.
- Number of Tubes
- Main principle
- TRF without regeneration; Screengrid 1926-1935
- Tuned circuits
- 4 AM circuit(s)
- Wave bands
- Broadcast only (MW).
- Record Player (not changer)
- Power type and voltage
- Alternating Current supply (AC) / 115 Volt
- Electro Magnetic Dynamic LS (moving-coil with field excitation coil)
- Wooden case
- from Radiomuseum.org
- Model: 654-A - Stromberg-Carlson Co. ;
- Console, Lowboy (legs < 50 %).
- Dimensions (WHD)
- 27.5 x 46.5 x 17.5 inch / 699 x 1181 x 445 mm
- The Stromberg-Carlson model 654 Radio-Phonograph combination was made at least in three versions: 654-A, 654-B and 654-C. At the same time Stromberg-Carlson anounced the console model 652 which uses the same schematic - according to Rider's 1-10. The 654-A is for 60 cycles 115 volts mains, 654-B is for 25 - 60 cycles 115 volts and 654-C for 25 - 60 cycles 210-250 volts.
- Price in first year of sale
- 369.00 $
- External source of data
- Ernst Erb
- Source of data
- Radio Collector`s Guide 1921-1932
- Circuit diagram reference
- Rider's Perpetual, Volume 1 = 1931/1934 (for 1919-1931)
- Mentioned in
- Pre-War Consoles
- Literature/Schematics (1)
- Radio Retailing (Radio & Television R.) (One page advertisment, Jan 1930, page 6.)
- Other Models
Here you find 829 models, 479 with images and 700 with schematics for wireless sets etc. In French: TSF for Télégraphie sans fil.
All listed radios etc. from Stromberg-Carlson Co. ; Rochester (NY)
Forum contributions about this model: Stromberg-Carlson Co: 654-A
Threads: 1 | Posts: 4
I've here one picture of a Stromberg 654.
This picture is genuine. It was taken from an 1930 advertisement.
There are two differences from the model presented here in Rmorg.
The dial scale is shorter and the tube series is not the same (3x UY224; UY227;UX245; UX280).
I hope You gentleman can help me to clarify this discrepancy.
Mario Coelho, 10.Mar.07