Multimeter (Multi-Meter) 542 bakelite
- United States of America (USA)
- Manufacturer / Brand
- Supreme Instruments Corp.; Greenwood (MS)
- Service- or Lab Equipment
- Radiomuseum.org ID
- Wave bands
- - without
- Power type and voltage
- Storage and/or dry batteries / 4 x 1.5 Volt
- Bakelite case
- from Radiomuseum.org
- Model: Multimeter 542 [bakelite] - Supreme Instruments Corp.;
- Very small Portable or Pocket-Set (Handheld) < 8 inch.
- Dimensions (WHD)
- 95 x 75 x 180 mm / 3.7 x 3 x 7.1 inch
- This is the Supreme Model 542 Multi-Meter (Multimeter is written on the instrument). There is also the Supreme military Model 542 multimeter in steel which was produced in large numbers during the WW2. It's face is only 6" x 3". Meter measures:
AC Volts/DB with 6V, 30V, 150V, & 600V ranges.
DC Volts with 6V, 150V, 300V, & 1,500V ranges.
Milliamps with .3 ma, 6 ma, 30 ma, & 150 ma ranges.
There is no selector for ranges. Each range has it's own pin socket.
- Net weight (2.2 lb = 1 kg)
- 1 kg / 2 lb 3.2 oz (2.203 lb)
- Mentioned in
- Radio Retailing (Radio & Television R.) (September 1946 page 109.)
- Model page created by Ernst Erb. See "Data change" for further contributors.
- Other Models
Here you find 81 models, 62 with images and 44 with schematics for wireless sets etc. In French: TSF for Télégraphie sans fil.
All listed radios etc. from Supreme Instruments Corp.; Greenwood (MS)