SSB Transceiver 700-CX
- United States of America (USA)
- Manufacturer / Brand
- Swan Electronics, Oceanside, CA
- Amateur TRX: Transmitter/Receiver (and Transceiver)
- Radiomuseum.org ID
- Number of Tubes
- Number of Transistors
- Main principle
- Transceiver; ZF/IF 5500 kHz; 2 AF stage(s)
- Wave bands
- Short Wave (SW only)
- Power type and voltage
- Powered by external power supply or a main unit.
- - This model requires external speaker(s).
- Metal case
- from Radiomuseum.org
- Model: SSB Transceiver 700-CX - Swan Electronics, Oceanside,
- Tablemodel, with any shape - general.
- Dimensions (WHD)
- 13 x 5.5 x 11 inch / 330 x 140 x 279 mm
Swan Transceiver 700CX;
80 meters: 3.5...4 MHz
40 meters: 7.0...7.450 MHz
20 meters: 14.0...14.45 MHz
15 meters: 21...21.45 MHz
10 meters: 28...29.7 MHz.
Filaments 12.6 volts, 6.7 amps AC or DC,
relay 12 volts 250 mA,
Bias: -110 volts DC, 100 mA,
Med. voltage: 275 volts DC 150 mA,
High voltage: 800 volts DC, 1A peak.
There are several power supplies available: Model 117-X, operates with 117 volts. Supplies all voltages required to operate the Swan 700CX transceiver. Does not include the matching cabinet, speaker or cables. Model 230-X same as above, but dual primary winding for either 117 or 230 volts 50-60 cycle input. Models 117-XC and 230-XC same as above, but including cabinet and loudspeaker. There is also a complete 12 volt DC supply model 14-117 for 12..13.5 volt mobile or portable operation.
Power output: 700 Watt PeP in SSB; 400 Watt in CW; 150 Watt in AM.
- Net weight (2.2 lb = 1 kg)
- 17.25 lb (17 lb 4 oz) / 7.832 kg
- Price in first year of sale
- 350.00 $
- Source of data
- - - Manufacturers Literature
- Mentioned in
- -- Original-techn. papers.
- Literature/Schematics (1)
- -- Original prospect or advert (From: “Radio Rivista” official organ of "ARI Amateur Radio Association" of Italy, number 9, Sept)
- Model page created by Alexander Gerli. See "Data change" for further contributors.
- Other Models
Here you find 36 models, 27 with images and 15 with schematics for wireless sets etc. In French: TSF for Télégraphie sans fil.
All listed radios etc. from Swan Electronics, Oceanside, CA