Delaying Time Base 7B85
- Manufacturer / Brand
- Tektronix Guernsey Ltd. ; St.Peter Port
- 1976–1990 ?
- Service- or Lab Equipment
- Radiomuseum.org ID
Click on the schematic thumbnail to request the schematic as a free document.
- Number of Transistors
- Semiconductors present.
- Wave bands
- - without
- Power type and voltage
- Powered by external power supply or a main unit.
- - - No sound reproduction output.
- Metal case
- from Radiomuseum.org
- Model: Delaying Time Base 7B85 - Tektronix Guernsey Ltd. ; St.
- Chassis only or for «building in»
The Tektronix 7B85 is a 400 MHz delaying timebase for 7000-series scopes with digital delay and delta time read-out capability, typically used in the 7800 Series, e.g. 7844. It does not support X-Y mode.
The 7B85/7B80 combination was introduced in 1976 to replace the 200 MHz 7B71/7B70 that had no digital delay read-out. For the 7104 1 GHz-class scopes, the 7B15/7B10 provide the functionality of 7B85/7B80.
Sweep 5 s/Div to 10 ns/Div in 1-2-5 sequence, ×10 magnifier down to 1 ns/Div, variable to ×2.5 Triggering to 400 MHz Features
- Digital read-out of delay and delta times
- Variable Trigger Holdoff
- Peak-to-peak Auto Triggering
The 7B85 uses a 155-0185-00 digital voltmeter IC (U686). A ramp generator is started when the trigger signal arrives. The delayed sweep is started when a comparator detects that the ramp has reached a control voltage, set by the front panel knobs on the 7B85. The control voltage is proportional to the amount of delay.
The digital voltmeter in the 7B85 digitizes the control voltage and displays it on the oscilloscope readout, thereby providing the operator with a precise readout of the delay.
The 7B85 uses the +50 V supply provided by the mainframe.
- Price in first year of sale
- 4,583.00 CHF
- Mentioned in
- -- Original prospect or advert (Prospect & pricelist 1986)
- Literature/Schematics (1)
- Instruction manual 7B85 first printing Jan 1976 revised Aug 1983
- Model page created by Detlef Boeder. See "Data change" for further contributors.
- Other Models
Here you find 5 models, 5 with images and 1 with schematics for wireless sets etc. In French: TSF for Télégraphie sans fil.
All listed radios etc. from Tektronix Guernsey Ltd. ; St.Peter Port