Transistor 6 AR-65
- Manufacturer / Brand
- Toptone (Tokyo Optical & Radio Mfg. Co., Ltd.); Tokyo
- 1959 ?
- Broadcast Receiver - or past WW2 Tuner
- Radiomuseum.org ID
Click on the schematic thumbnail to request the schematic as a free document.
- Number of Transistors
- Main principle
- Superheterodyne (common); 2 AF stage(s)
- Tuned circuits
- 5 AM circuit(s)
- Wave bands
- Broadcast only (MW).
- Power type and voltage
- Dry Batteries / 1 x 9 Volt
- Permanent Magnet Dynamic (PDyn) Loudspeaker (moving coil) / Ø 2 inch = 5.1 cm
- Plastics (no bakelite or catalin)
- from Radiomuseum.org
- Model: Transistor 6 AR-65 - Toptone Tokyo Optical & Radio
- Very small Portable or Pocket-Set (Handheld) < 8 inch.
- Dimensions (WHD)
- 2.25 x 3.25 x 1.325 inch / 57 x 83 x 34 mm
Labeled: "Transistor 6", earphone jack. Inside you will find 6 Hitachi transistors. It comes complete with its original gift box, leather case, antenna wire and a vintage earphone. If you have a copy of Roger Handy's book 'Made In Japan' you can view a vintage ad for this radio on page 78. Toptone AR-65 can also be found branded as Mascot, Profile or Remington.
- Net weight (2.2 lb = 1 kg)
- 0.1 kg / 0 lb 3.5 oz (0.22 lb)
- Source of data
- -- Collector info (Sammler)
- Model page created by a member from A. See "Data change" for further contributors.
- Other Models
Here you find 8 models, 5 with images and 1 with schematics for wireless sets etc. In French: TSF for Télégraphie sans fil.
All listed radios etc. from Toptone (Tokyo Optical & Radio Mfg. Co., Ltd.); Tokyo