AM-FM Stereo Tuner KT-5020
- Manufacturer / Brand
- Kenwood, Trio-Kenwood Inc.; Komagane
- Broadcast Receiver - or past WW2 Tuner
- Radiomuseum.org ID
- alternative name: Trio Corp.
- Brand: Jennen
- Number of Transistors
- Semiconductors present.
- Main principle
- PLL, Phase-locked loop; ZF/IF 455/10700 kHz
- Wave bands
- Broadcast (BC) and FM or UHF.
- Radio Control (+Remote Wire etc)
- Power type and voltage
- Alternating Current supply (AC) / 110-120; 220-240 Volt
- - For headphones or amp.
- Metal case
- from Radiomuseum.org
- Model: AM-FM Stereo Tuner KT-5020 - Kenwood, Trio-Kenwood Inc.;
- Book-shelf unit.
- Dimensions (WHD)
- 440 x 98 x 318 mm / 17.3 x 3.9 x 12.5 inch
A hi-fi AM/FM stereo quartz synthesized digital tuner with a digital frequency flourescent display housed in a black metal case. Facility for system remote control. With Pentacle Power Supply, Direct Linear Reception Circuit (DLRC), Direct Linear Loop Detector (DLLD), 20-Station Random FM/AM Preset Memory, Wide/Narrow FM IF Bandwidth Selector, Auto Function, LED Tuning Signal indicators. On the back, a 75 ohm coaxial connector for an FM antenna, terminals for an AM antenna (loop antenna supplied), RCA phono Line output sockets, FM De-emphasis switch (50µs/70µs), channel space switch and connections for system remote control.
Specification FM Tuner Section Tuning frequency range 87.5MHz-108MHz Usable sensitivity (MONO) 0.95µV/10.8dBf 50dB quieting sensitivity MONO 1.8µV/16.2dBf, STEREO 24µV/38.8dBf THD (at 1kHz) MONO 0.04% (WIDE), STEREO 0.06% (WIDE) S/N ratio (at 1kHz, 85dBf input) MONO 88dB, STEREO 82dB Stereo separation 1kHz 55dB (WIDE) Capture ratio 1.0dB (WIDE), 2.5dB (NARROW) Alt. channel selectivity (±400 kHz) 60dB (WIDE) Image rejection ratio (at 98MHz) 82dB IF rejection ratio (at 98MHz) 110dB Spurious rejection ratio (at 98MHz) 105dB AM suppression ratio 76dB Frequency response 20Hz-15kHz +0.5dB,-0.5dB Output level/Impedance
(at 1kHz, 100% dev.)
0.6V/3.3kΩ AM Tuner Section Tuning frequency range 531kHz-1,602kHz 9kHz steps
530kHz-1,610kHz 10kHz steps
Usable sensitivity 10µV (350µV/m) Signal to noise ratio
(at 30% mod. 1mV input)
52dB THD 0.3% Image rejection ratio (loop) 40dB Selectivity 30dB Output level/Impedance
(at 30% mod.)
General / 110-120/220-240V AC 50/60Hz with voltage selector
Power consumption 15 Watts
Very similar to the Kenwood KT-5020L AM-FM Stereo Tuner which additionally has LW.
- Net weight (2.2 lb = 1 kg)
- 4.3 kg / 9 lb 7.5 oz (9.471 lb)
- Mentioned in
- -- Original prospect or advert (1991-92 Kenwood Hi-Fi Programm catalogue)
- Literature/Schematics (1)
- - - Manufacturers Literature (Instruction manual Kenwood KT-5020/KT-5020L dated 1990)
- Literature/Schematics (2)
- - - Manufacturers Literature (Service manual Kenwood KT-5020/5020L dated 1989-9)
- Model page created by Howard Craven. See "Data change" for further contributors.
- Other Models
Here you find 843 models, 779 with images and 239 with schematics for wireless sets etc. In French: TSF for Télégraphie sans fil.
All listed radios etc. from Kenwood, Trio-Kenwood Inc.; Komagane