Kenwood Solid State AM-FM Stereo Tuner KT-4005
- Manufacturer / Brand
- Kenwood, Trio-Kenwood Inc.; Komagane
- Broadcast Receiver - or past WW2 Tuner
- Radiomuseum.org ID
- alternative name: Trio Corp.
- Brand: Jennen
- Number of Transistors
- Semiconductors present.
- Main principle
- Superheterodyne (common)
- Wave bands
- Broadcast (BC) and FM or UHF.
- Hi-Fi equipment
- Power type and voltage
- Alternating Current supply (AC) / 110-120; 220-240 Volt
- - For headphones or amp.
- Various materials
- from Radiomuseum.org
- Model: Kenwood Solid State AM-FM Stereo Tuner KT-4005 - Kenwood, Trio-Kenwood Inc.;
- Book-shelf unit.
- Dimensions (WHD)
- 435 x 153 x 300 mm / 17.1 x 6 x 11.8 inch
A hi-fi AM/FM stereo tuner with an analogue dial housed in a metal case with wooden side panels. With Signal and Tuning meters, rotary Tuning control, FM stereo indicator, on/off push button switches for MPX Filter and Muting, push button switches for AM, FM Auto and FM Mono. On the back, an adjustable ferrite rod AM antenna, terminals for AM and FM antennae, RCA phono sockets for Line output and FM Multipath output, and a rotary Output Level control.
Specification FM SECTION Antenna Impedance 300Ω balanced, 75Ω unbalanced Usable Sensitivity, IHF 1.9µV Quieting Slope 48dB at 3µV, 60dB at 10µV, 70dB at 50µV Frequency Response 20Hz to 15,000Hz +0.2dB,-1.5dB) Harmonic Distortio
(100% modulation with 400Hz)
Mono < 0.4%
Stereo < 0.7%
Signal to Noise Ratio > 70dB Capture Ratio, IHF 2.0dB Image Rejection > 55dB Selectivity, IHF (Alt. channel) > 60dB IF Rejection > 90dB Spurious Signal Rejection > 90dB AM Suppression > 55dB Stereo Separation > 40dB at 400Hz
> 35dB at 100Hz to 8,000Hz
Output Voltage 1.5V at 100% mod. with 400Hz Output Impedance 12.5kΩ AM SECTION Antenna Built-in ferrite antenna
External antenna terminal
Usable Sensitivity, IHF 18µV (Ext. antenna terminal)
300µV/m (Ferrite antenna)
Selectivity, IHF > 30dB Image Rejection > 50dB IF Rejection > 40dB Signal to Noise Ratio > 50dB at 1mV input Output Voltage 0.15V at 30% mod. with 400Hz
Power requirements: 110-120V/220-240V AC 50/60Hz with voltage selector
Power Consumption: 18 Watts
Same as the Trio KT-4005 AM-FM Stereo Tuner.
- Net weight (2.2 lb = 1 kg)
- 8.1 kg / 17 lb 13.5 oz (17.841 lb)
- Mentioned in
- -- Original prospect or advert (1973-74 and 1975-76 Kenwood Hi-Fi catalogues)
- Literature/Schematics (1)
- - - Manufacturers Literature (Schematic with Specification)
- Model page created by Howard Craven. See "Data change" for further contributors.
- Other Models
Here you find 843 models, 779 with images and 239 with schematics for wireless sets etc. In French: TSF for Télégraphie sans fil.
All listed radios etc. from Kenwood, Trio-Kenwood Inc.; Komagane