Five Valve Receiver
- Great Britain (UK)
- Manufacturer / Brand
- Umello Ltd., London
- Broadcast Receiver - or past WW2 Tuner
- Radiomuseum.org ID
- Number of Tubes
- Valves / Tubes
- Main principle
- TRF (Tuned-Radio-Frequency but use of regeneration unknown)
- Wave bands
- Broadcast (MW) and Long Wave.
- Power type and voltage
- Storage and/or dry batteries
- -Loudspeaker incorporated, but system not known.
- Wooden case
- from Radiomuseum.org
- Model: Five Valve Receiver - Umello Ltd., London
- Tablemodel, low profile (big size).
- Dimensions (WHD)
- 14.75 x 14.5 x 8.25 inch / 375 x 368 x 210 mm
This radio is seen in the popular British TV series 'All Creatures Great and Small' which is set in the 1930's Yorkshire Dales and starred Christopher Timothy and Robert Hardy.
- Source of data
- Radio! Radio!
- Model page created by Konrad Birkner † 12.08.2014. See "Data change" for further contributors.
- Other Models
Here you find 2 models, 1 with images and 0 with schematics for wireless sets etc. In French: TSF for Télégraphie sans fil.
All listed radios etc. from Umello Ltd., London