Knox Solid State Instant Sound
- Manufacturer / Brand
- Rising (Hokuyo Musen Kogyo Co. Ltd.); Osaka
- 1968 ??
- Broadcast Receiver - or past WW2 Tuner
- Radiomuseum.org ID
- Number of Transistors
- Semiconductors present.
- Main principle
- Superheterodyne (common); ZF/IF 455 kHz
- Wave bands
- Broadcast only (MW).
- Power type and voltage
- Dry Batteries
- Permanent Magnet Dynamic (PDyn) Loudspeaker (moving coil)
- Plastics (no bakelite or catalin)
- from Radiomuseum.org
- Model: Knox Solid State Instant Sound - Rising Hokuyo Musen Kogyo Co.
- Portable set > 8 inch (also usable without mains)
- Dimensions (WHD)
- 227 x 14 x 85 mm / 8.9 x 0.6 x 3.3 inch
The Knox radio is battery operated and has one volume knob with on-off below a frequency dial 5,80 cm in diameter. Next to the frequency dial one can read: "Solid state, instant sound".
- External source of data
- Guest Ilias Karavoulias, Athens, Greece.
- Model page created by Ernst Erb. See "Data change" for further contributors.
- Other Models
Here you find 19 models, 18 with images and 1 with schematics for wireless sets etc. In French: TSF for Télégraphie sans fil.
All listed radios etc. from Rising (Hokuyo Musen Kogyo Co. Ltd.); Osaka