Robin Transistor 6
- Manufacturer / Brand
- NEC Corporation, Nippon Electric Co. Ltd. (Nippon Denki); Tokyo
- 1957 ?
- Broadcast Receiver - or past WW2 Tuner
- Radiomuseum.org ID
- Number of Transistors
- Main principle
- Superheterodyne (common); ZF/IF 455 kHz; 2 AF stage(s)
- Tuned circuits
- 5 AM circuit(s)
- Wave bands
- Broadcast only (MW).
- Power type and voltage
- Dry Batteries / PP3: 1 x 9 Volt
- Permanent Magnet Dynamic (PDyn) Loudspeaker (moving coil) / Ø 2.5 inch = 6.4 cm
- Plastics (no bakelite or catalin)
- from Radiomuseum.org
- Model: Robin Transistor 6 - NEC Corporation, Nippon
- Very small Portable or Pocket-Set (Handheld) < 8 inch.
- Dimensions (WHD)
- 72 x 115 x 35 mm / 2.8 x 4.5 x 1.4 inch
AM Pocket Radio Model Robin Transistor 6. White plastic front with a metal upper escutcheon and black plastic rear case.
Very similar models are LeVer Transistor 6, Robin Transistor 6, and Royal Transistor 6.
See a similar, later model with an updated case Robin TR-605.
Note that the publication "Transistor Radios 1954 - 1968", page 89 shows the LeVer Transistor 6 being manufactured by NEC. This is the basis for selecting NEC as the manufacturer for this model.
- Net weight (2.2 lb = 1 kg)
- 0.280 kg / 0 lb 9.9 oz (0.617 lb)
- Model page created by Franz Scharner. See "Data change" for further contributors.
- Other Models
Here you find 175 models, 142 with images and 17 with schematics for wireless sets etc. In French: TSF for Télégraphie sans fil.
All listed radios etc. from NEC Corporation, Nippon Electric Co. Ltd. (Nippon Denki); Tokyo