C Old Type
- United States of America (USA)
- Manufacturer / Brand
- Wells-Gardner & Co.; Chicago
- Broadcast Receiver - or past WW2 Tuner
- Radiomuseum.org ID
Click on the schematic thumbnail to request the schematic as a free document.
- Number of Tubes
- Main principle
- TRF without regeneration; 2 AF stage(s); Neutrodyne
- Tuned circuits
- 4 AM circuit(s)
- Wave bands
- Broadcast only (MW).
- Power type and voltage
- Alternating Current supply (AC) / 110 Volt
- Electro Magnetic Dynamic LS (moving-coil with field excitation coil) / Ø 12.25 inch = 31.1 cm
- Metal case
- from Radiomuseum.org
- Model: C [Old Type] - Wells-Gardner & Co.; Chicago
- Chassis only or for «building in»
- This Wells-Gardner & Co. Chassis (or the model CG) was used for instance for the Lafayette chassis "Duo Symphonic 1930" with used also the Lafayette Duo-Symphonic models 342, 316, 324, 370, 343, 300, 362, 357, 325, 329, 350 and 352, a Phono-Radio Combination. See the notes here and the link there for the catalog notes. There is only one Screen Grid tube. See also the schematic for the New Type (with "Dual volume Control" and some other small differences) and see the Rider's 1-2 for still more changed details.
- External source of data
- Ernst Erb
- Circuit diagram reference
- Rider's Perpetual, Volume 1 = 1931/1934 (for 1919-1931)
- Other Models
Here you find 310 models, 95 with images and 279 with schematics for wireless sets etc. In French: TSF for Télégraphie sans fil.
All listed radios etc. from Wells-Gardner & Co.; Chicago