Super-Sensitive Analyzer 772 Type 2
- United States of America (USA)
- Manufacturer / Brand
- Weston Electrical Instrument Co.; Newark, N.J.; (Jewell Electrical Instrument Co.; Chicago, IL)
- Service- or Lab Equipment
- Radiomuseum.org ID
- alternative name: Jewell
Click on the schematic thumbnail to request the schematic as a free document.
- Wave bands
- - without
- Power type and voltage
- Dry Batteries / + 15 & - 1,5 Volt
- - - No sound reproduction output.
- Various materials
- from Radiomuseum.org
- Model: Super-Sensitive Analyzer 772 [Type 2] - Weston Electrical Instrument
- Portable set > 8 inch (also usable without mains)
- Dimensions (WHD)
- 15.2 x 8.75 x 5.2 inch / 386 x 222 x 132 mm
The Weston 772 is a multimeter that can measure AC/DC voltages, resistances and currents. The Type 2 was initially introduced in 1937 with a wooden case. Later years used a "fabricoid" case, however, the wooden case was still used in the final year (1941).
The later version of the Weston 772 is a Type 6. This appears to have been offered only in 1946. The only difference between the Type 2 and Type 6 is that the Type 2 has a two position switch for DC and AC and the Type 6 has a three position switch for DC (20,000 ohms/volt), DC (1000 ohms/volt) and AC.
- Price in first year of sale
- 39.49 USD
- Literature/Schematics (1)
- 1938 Radolek Catalog
- Literature/Schematics (2)
- Radio Retailing (Radio & Television R.) (ad February 1939 page 2)
- Literature/Schematics (3)
- Allied Radio Catalog (Knight) (1938 - 1941)
- Literature/Schematics (4)
- -- Original-techn. papers. (Strumenti per Radiotecnici, D.E. Ravalico Hoepli editor 1952 page 132)
- Model page created by Vitor Oliveira. See "Data change" for further contributors.
- Other Models
Here you find 185 models, 160 with images and 98 with schematics for wireless sets etc. In French: TSF for Télégraphie sans fil.
All listed radios etc. from Weston Electrical Instrument Co.; Newark, N.J.; (Jewell Electrical Instrument Co.; Chicago, IL)