Industrial Circuit Tester 785 Type 4
- United States of America (USA)
- Manufacturer / Brand
- Weston Electrical Instrument Co.; Newark, N.J.; (Jewell Electrical Instrument Co.; Chicago, IL)
- Service- or Lab Equipment
- Radiomuseum.org ID
- alternative name: Jewell
- Wave bands
- - without
- Power type and voltage
- Dry Batteries / D: 1 x 1.5 & (Burgess 5540) plus 2 x 7.5 Volt
- - - No sound reproduction output.
- Various materials
- from Radiomuseum.org
- Model: Industrial Circuit Tester 785 Type 4 - Weston Electrical Instrument
- Portable set > 8 inch (also usable without mains)
- Dimensions (WHD)
- 335 x 235 x 115 mm / 13.2 x 9.3 x 4.5 inch
Instrument fixed in a solid oak case, panel of tester made of plain bakelite. For operating it uses 2 x Burgess 7.5V battery No. 5540 plus 1 x "D" size battery 1.5V.
Versatile tester for trouble shooting. Provides voltage, current and resistance ranges for checking motor and control circuits, lighting circuits, sensitive relay circuits, electronic circuits, etc. ( D-C sensitivity 20,000 Ohms per Volt )
0 to 1,000 Volts DC at 20,000 Ω/Volt
0 to 750 Volts AC at 1,000 Ω/Volt
0 to 10 Amps DC
0 to 10 Amps AC
0 to 900 MΩ
Type 4 is identical to Type 3, with the exception that the instrument of the latter features a complete metal base and can be lifted out of the wooden box.
- Net weight (2.2 lb = 1 kg)
- 3.5 kg / 7 lb 11.3 oz (7.709 lb)
- Mentioned in
- Radio Retailing (Radio & Television R.) (July 1946 page 143. September 1946 page 109.)
- Model page created by Martin Bösch. See "Data change" for further contributors.
- Other Models
Here you find 185 models, 160 with images and 98 with schematics for wireless sets etc. In French: TSF for Télégraphie sans fil.
All listed radios etc. from Weston Electrical Instrument Co.; Newark, N.J.; (Jewell Electrical Instrument Co.; Chicago, IL)