Yaecon 8 Transistor Radio Phonograph
- Manufacturer / Brand
- Yamada Electric Ind. Co., Ltd. (Yaecon); Tokyo
- 1960–1962 ?
- Broadcast Receiver - or past WW2 Tuner
- Radiomuseum.org ID
- Number of Transistors
- Main principle
- Superheterodyne (common)
- Wave bands
- Broadcast and Short Wave (SW).
- Record Player (not changer)
- Power type and voltage
- Batteries / addl. power jack / D: 6 x 1.5 / DC 9 Volt
- Permanent Magnet Dynamic (PDyn) Loudspeaker (moving coil) - elliptical / Ø 15 cm = 5.9 inch
- Power out
- 0.5 W (undistorted)
- Leather / canvas / plastic - over other material
- from Radiomuseum.org
- Model: Yaecon 8 Transistor Radio Phonograph - Yamada Electric Ind. Co., Ltd.
- Portable set > 8 inch (also usable without mains)
- Dimensions (WHD)
- 235 x 140 x 360 mm / 9.3 x 5.5 x 14.2 inch
Yaecon 8 Transistor Radio Phonograph, portable 4-speed record player combined with BC/SW receiver. Telescopic antenna for SW, ferrite rod antenna for SW/BC.
BC: 530 - 1'600 kHz, SW: 3.9 - 12 MHz
- Net weight (2.2 lb = 1 kg)
- 4.150 kg / 9 lb 2.3 oz (9.141 lb)
- Model page created by Matthew Xenakis. See "Data change" for further contributors.
- Other Models
Here you find 12 models, 11 with images and 1 with schematics for wireless sets etc. In French: TSF for Télégraphie sans fil.
All listed radios etc. from Yamada Electric Ind. Co., Ltd. (Yaecon); Tokyo