834A Ch= 1002
- United States of America (USA)
- Manufacturer / Brand
- Zenith Radio Corp.; Chicago, IL
- Broadcast Receiver - or past WW2 Tuner
- Radiomuseum.org ID
- alternative name: Chicago Radio Lab
Click on the schematic thumbnail to request the schematic as a free document.
- Number of Tubes
- Main principle
- Superhet with RF-stage; ZF/IF 485 kHz; Export model
- Tuned circuits
- 9 AM circuit(s)
- Wave bands
- Broadcast, Long Wave and more than two Short Wave bands.
- Power type and voltage
- Alternating Current supply (AC) / 25-133 cycles, 115-260 Volt
- Electro Magnetic Dynamic LS (moving-coil with field excitation coil) / Ø 25 cm = 9.8 inch
- Power out
- 5.5 W (unknown quality)
- Wooden case
- from Radiomuseum.org
- Model: 834A Ch= 1002 - Zenith Radio Corp.; Chicago,
- Tablemodel, Tombstone = decorative upright, not cathedral but can have rounded edges.
- Dimensions (WHD)
- 470 x 570 x 320 mm / 18.5 x 22.4 x 12.6 inch
According to the name plate, the set consumes 130 watts. This model with suffix A seems to be an export model. Domestic models are normally for 60 cycles and 105 to 125 volts.
LW - OL- green- 150 kHz-425 kHz
MW - OM- black- 525 kHz-1600 kHz
SW1 - OC1- red- 1600 kHz-4000 kHz
SW2 - OC2- brown- 4000 kHz-11000 kHz
SW3 - OC3- blue- 9000 kHz-22500 kHz
- External source of data
- Ernst Erb
- Circuit diagram reference
- Rider's Perpetual, Volume 10 = 1939 and before
- Other Models
Here you find 4439 models, 4070 with images and 3531 with schematics for wireless sets etc. In French: TSF for Télégraphie sans fil.
All listed radios etc. from Zenith Radio Corp.; Chicago, IL