emg: EMG1163/B Different tubing

ID: 551310
? emg: EMG1163/B Different tubing 
20.Feb.21 20:15

I have this signal generator. It has different tubing:6C5->ECC82(Modulation),

6C5->ECC85(HF oscillator)), 6X4,6X4,6AC7->EF184,955->ECC83.

Should I upload its pictures here?

Otto

To thank the Author because you find the post helpful or well done.

25.Feb.21 15:24
105 from 610

Michael Watterson (IRL)
Editor
Articles: 1037

Unless an owner changed and modifed the Octal bases to Noval, it's a different model and needs a new page.

25.Feb.21 18:26
116 from 610

Hi Michael,

The changes are factory made. Also some resistors are different to compensate the tubing change. I see the following in the notes:

"Other Tubes: ECC85,ECC83, Ecc82,EF80, 6A15, EZ80"

According this they made different tubing versions. 

I don't know the RMORG regulations. Is it enough to update the notes section and upload the pictures here?

Ottó

25.Feb.21 18:58
120 from 610

Michael Watterson (IRL)
Editor

Other tubes on a model really only applies when the design is the same. The Ever Ready Model T has four pages. All take B7G battery tubes and all are called model T. Only the actual tubes  and the serial number shows the difference. The tubes are not even interchangeable! One has an extra button and scale lamps. Some may have a differing style of knob. The Model C range are easier to tell apart, but the C/A and C/E versions are only differentiated by serial number. The D and two versions of G look the same. Ever Ready from 1935 to about 1945 only put the model on the detachable warranty card. The N and N3 are similar but with subtle differences and different tubes. The Sky models from 1953 clearly have the model name, Earlier ones from 1946 only have a letter prefix on the serial number for model. Later this was two or three letters. Search "Ever Ready All Dry Transportable" (without quotes on the home page).

On the other hand there are three versions of the first Sky Queen. But they look the same, use the same tubes and the difference in design is very slight, but documented on the official service document by serial number. So they get one page. Ever Ready later used the Sky Queen brand for two completely different designs, one with the same tubes, but 4 years later and finally a transistor model, another four years later, so these have three separate pages, Sky Queen, Sky Queen II and Sky Queen III, though there is no II or III on the actual models, though the serial numbers are prefixed Q, SQ and SQN respectively.

Some of the tubes in your EMG1163 are not even the same type of tube in a different base.

26.Feb.21 18:19
169 from 610

Ok. I will not upload the pictures here then. Will somebody create a page for it? 

Ottó

26.Feb.21 18:29
171 from 610

Michael Watterson (IRL)
Editor

It's community effort!
Go to Home.

Menu on the left
Create New Model

You can copy and paste from the similar one and ask for help if you never did it before and get confused.
The power supply tube is last. For Radios it's RF, Mixer/Osc, IF, Detector, preamp, Audio, Magic eye, then supply. Obviously in this case most of that doesn't apply. Spaces not commas between tubes.

You can upload photos at the final stage of creating the details

Then volunteers review and approve the new model. Afterwards another volunteer will approve the photos.

26.Feb.21 18:57
174 from 610

Ok. I didn't know that a normal user is allowed to create a new model page. I will try.

Best regads,

Otto