All-dry Transportable Receiver Model T TA2A
Ever Ready Co. (GB) Ltd.; London
- Great Britain (UK)
- Manufacturer / Brand
- Ever Ready Co. (GB) Ltd.; London
- Broadcast Receiver - or past WW2 Tuner
- Radiomuseum.org ID
Click on the schematic thumbnail to request the schematic as a free document.
- Number of Tubes
- Main principle
- Superheterodyne (common); ZF/IF 470 kHz; 2 AF stage(s)
- Tuned circuits
- 6 AM circuit(s)
- Wave bands
- Broadcast (MW) and Long Wave.
- Power type and voltage
- Dry Batteries / 1.5 & 90 Volt
- Permanent Magnet Dynamic (PDyn) Loudspeaker (moving coil)
- Wooden case
- from Radiomuseum.org
- Model: All-dry Transportable Receiver Model T [TA2A] - Ever Ready Co. GB Ltd.; London
- Tablemodel, with any shape - general.
- Dimensions (WHD)
- 459 x 284 x 270 mm / 18.1 x 11.2 x 10.6 inch
Battery table model. Basically the similar chassis metal work as Model K and later used on Sky Queen, Sky Prince and Sky King.
Up to Serial No.544750 there are many variations, From Serial No. 544750 the DK92 DF91 DAF91 DL94 are fitted.
Every Ready's official service manual is for a single Model T covering all versions with a 2nd supplement schematic.
"From Serial No. 544750, receivers incorporate all the various modifications and conform exactly to the diagrams on this sheet. For earlier receivers however, reference should be made to both the original and the new diagrams when a combination of the two may be found to apply."
TB2A, TB2A and TC2A: This only differentiates the three incompatible versions of tube/valve socket wiring and these codes are NOT anywhere on the Model (not even Chassis). These are only "in house" or factory codes. There is no assurance that there is only three versions.
Specifications (from Ever Ready Manual):
- MW/BC 1546 to 545 kHz
- LW 325 to 150 kHz
- Dial Lamps: 2 x 1.25V 250mA 12mm diameter glass (Early TA2A only)
- B103 battery (or B130) 90V HT & 1.5V LT, U2 Battery 1.5V scale lamps (TA2A)
- Consumption: HT 12.5mA, DL92 5.5mA, (DL 6.4mA), LT 250mA
The TB2A code are all of the intermediate Model T with DK91 and DL94 options, It's a factory code and not anywhere on the cabinet or chassis.
The four versions use incompatible tubes but identical cabinets. Later versions may omit the scale lamps.
- TA2A DK91 DF91 DAF91 DL92 (This model). Only the early TA2A versions have the scale lamps.
- TB2A DK91 DF91 DAF91 DL94 Intermediate versions, various revisions
- TC2A DK92 DF91 DAF91 DL94 Last 250mA Transportable T (entirely same pin wiring as DK96, DF96, DAF96 and DL96) From Serial No. 544750 all revisions are included.
- T S.Q. final production before Sky Prince using using DK96 DF96 DAF96 DL96. Early version of Sky Queen chassis does seem to use same component values as TC2A above S/N T 544750, so may be simply a valve change.
Weight excludes battery. Weight excludes battery. The longer life AD3 pack does also fit the case.
- Net weight (2.2 lb = 1 kg)
- 5.4 kg / 11 lb 14.3 oz (11.894 lb)
- Price in first year of sale
- 12.00 GBP
- Source of data
- -- Schematic
- Literature/Schematics (1)
- R&TVS. Vol I (Pre 1953), page 174. Trader Sheet 1098.
- Literature/Schematics (2)
- - - Manufacturers Literature
- Model page created by Keith Staines. See "Data change" for further contributors.
- Other Models
Here you find 204 models, 145 with images and 91 with schematics for wireless sets etc. In French: TSF for Télégraphie sans fil.
All listed radios etc. from Ever Ready Co. (GB) Ltd.; London
The model All-dry Transportable Receiver is part of the collections of the following members.