philips: Philips 964 AS on-off switch missing

ID: 475336
This article refers to the model: Philette 964AS (Philips akc. spol., Praha-Hloubetin)

philips: Philips 964 AS on-off switch missing 
11.Jul.18 23:22

Meyer Rochwerger (BR)
Articles: 123
Count of Thanks: 4
Meyer Rochwerger

Dear friends
I am completing some repairs on a Philips 964 AS radio.

Someone made a rough adaptation of a switch to perform the on / off function. In the schematic there is actually a switch. But I did not find the place where it should be.

I did an exhaustive internet search for photos or clues to see where this switch goes ... but I did not succeed.

If any of you have a radio like this model, please help me to solve that "mistery"

Greetings,

Meyer

To thank the Author because you find the post helpful or well done.

Philips 964 AS on-off switch 
12.Jul.18 19:17
58 from 983

Bernhard Nagel (D)
Officer
Articles: 1681
Bernhard Nagel

Dear Meyer,

when checking the documents, the bottom chassis wiring shows the on-off switch combined with the reaction control at the top right. It has nr. 19, 20 which corresponds with the same nr. in the left bottom where the mains lead (power cord) is located. Follow the red line.

So the missing switch should be V1. Please check if it is still present, it should be situated in front of the chassis. Unfortunately we don't have a picture at the model page showing this chassis part.

Kind regards
Bernhard

Philips 964 AS on-off switch 
12.Jul.18 21:04
79 from 983

Meyer Rochwerger (BR)
Articles: 123
Meyer Rochwerger

Dear Bernhard.

You're right ...

The problem is that in the chassis that I have in hand is missing the "drum" where the switch should be.

As I had never worked on that model before, I did not know where the switch would be once it had been removed.

I'll improvise a solution with a micro switch. It will not be so bad.

Thank you for your precious help.

Meyer