- Great Britain (UK)
- Manufacturer / Brand
- Acoustical Manufacturing Co. Ltd, The; Huntingdon
- 1992 ?
- Broadcast Receiver - or past WW2 Tuner
- Radiomuseum.org ID
- Brand: Quad
- Number of Transistors
- Semiconductors present.
- Main principle
- PLL, Phase-locked loop
- Wave bands
- FM Broadcast Band Only
- Radio Control (+Remote Wire etc)
- Power type and voltage
- Alternating Current supply (AC) / 100-120V; 200-240 Volt
- - For headphones or amp.
- Various materials
- from Radiomuseum.org
- Model: FM Tuner 66 - Acoustical Manufacturing Co.
- Book-shelf unit.
- Dimensions (WHD)
- 321 x 80 x 255 mm / 12.6 x 3.1 x 10 inch
A stereo hi-fi FM tuner with full remote control operation. Can only be operated via the Quad 66 Control Panel (R1). 19 stations can be preset and stored in stereo or mono mode. Self-search tuning is provided with step tuning override. With RCA phono Line Output sockets, a 75 ohms Coaxial Aerial Socket and an AC outlet.
Specification Tuning Range 88-108 MHz Channel spacing 25 kHz (50 kHz displayed) Sensitivity (30 dB quieting)
(50 dB quieting)
Mono 1 µV
Mono 2.7 µV (8 dBf), Stereo 25 µV (28 dBf)
Full limiting < 1 µV Signal/noise
(Input signal 1kHz at 1mV 'A' weighted)
Mono 76 dB
Stereo 70 dB
Distortion (at 1 kHz ±75 kHz deviation) Mono 0.15%
(at 1 kHz ±25 kHz deviation) Mono 0.05%
Capture ratio 1.5 dB IF rejection 100 dB AM suppression 60 dB Image rejection 55 dB Pilot tone suppression 60 dB Crosstalk (at 1 kHz) -40 dB (nominal at 1 kHz) Frequency response +0 dB,-1 dB, 20 Hz - 15 kHz Output level (at 30% modulation) 100 mV Source impedance 1000Ω Minimum load impedance 47 kΩ De-emphasis 50 µS or 75 µS Aerial input 75Ω unbalanced
100-120V or 200-240V AC 50/60Hz (changed by links on PCB).
- Net weight (2.2 lb = 1 kg)
- 2.8 kg / 6 lb 2.7 oz (6.167 lb)
- Mentioned in
- -- Original prospect or advert (Quad 66 FM Tuner brochure (Production 1992-1995))
- Literature/Schematics (1)
- - - Manufacturers Literature (Quad 66 FM Tuner Instruction book)
- Model page created by Howard Craven. See "Data change" for further contributors.
- Other Models
Here you find 37 models, 36 with images and 14 with schematics for wireless sets etc. In French: TSF for Télégraphie sans fil.
All listed radios etc. from Acoustical Manufacturing Co. Ltd, The; Huntingdon