Quad 77 Integrated Amplifier 77 01
- Great Britain (UK)
- Manufacturer / Brand
- Acoustical Manufacturing Co. Ltd, The; Huntingdon
- 1995 ?
- Audio Amplifier or -mixer
- Radiomuseum.org ID
- Brand: Quad
- Number of Transistors
- Semiconductors present.
- Main principle
- Wave bands
- - without
- Radio Control (+Remote Wire etc)
- Power type and voltage
- Alternating Current supply (AC) / 100; 110-120; 220-240 Volt
- - This model requires external speaker(s).
- Power out
- 170 W (230 W max.)
- Various materials
- from Radiomuseum.org
- Model: Quad 77 Integrated Amplifier 77 01 - Acoustical Manufacturing Co.
- Book-shelf unit.
- Dimensions (WHD)
- 321 x 65 x 300 mm / 12.6 x 2.6 x 11.8 inch
A stereo hi-fi integrated amplifier with power output of 85 watts per channel into 8 ohms (115 watts per channel into 4 ohms). It is the heart of a Quad 77 Series system and can be connected to up to 32 other Quad 77 source components via Quad's 'Quadlink Bus' using Quadlink connections. The Quadlink Bus handles power (for other Quad 77 components), Signal and Control functions. There are also three phono input sockets with adjustable input sensitivities, two for other source components and one for tape and a phono output socket for tape. It has a Pre-Amp output socket so that the preamplifier stage of the amplifier can be used with other power amplifiers. Remote control is via the Quad 77 System Console with a jack for recharging its battery. Microprocessor controlled, fully protected against overload.
Specification Maximum Power Output 85w into 8Ω (THD <0.05%)
115w into 4Ω (THD <0.05%)
Maximum Current Output 11A peak per channel Frequency response
-0.3dB at 20Hz and 20KHz
-3dB at 3Hz and 50KHz
Distortion (total harmonic) 20Hz any level up to 70w <0.05% (22kHz bandwidth)
1 KHz any level up to 70w <0.05% (22kHz bandwidth)
20KHz any level up to 70w <0.05% (80KHz bandwith)
Continuous sine wave into 8Ω resistive load
Output internal impedance
and DC Offset
1.5µH in parallel with 0.05Ω
DC offset <20mV
Power response -0.75dB at 10Hz and 20KHz Crosstalk <-90dB at 1KHz Hum and Noise -105dB ref. 75w (22KHz measurement bandwidth unweighted) Stability Unconditionally stable with any load and any signal SIGNAL BUS Up to 32 Quad 77 series products Inputs Source 1, 2 and Tape Input sensitivity 100 or 300 or 775mV Load impedance 33kΩ Signal/Noise >100dB Outputs Pre-Amp Out Output level 775mV Source Impedance 850Ω Tape Out Output level same as input level Source Impedance 300Ω
110-120V or 220-240V or 100V AC 50/60 Hz
- Net weight (2.2 lb = 1 kg)
- 6.3 kg / 13 lb 14 oz (13.877 lb)
- Mentioned in
- Gramophone magazine Feb 1995 Quad 77 Integrated Amplifier review
- Literature/Schematics (1)
- - - Manufacturers Literature (77 Integrated Amplifier Instruction Book)
- Model page created by Howard Craven. See "Data change" for further contributors.
- Other Models
Here you find 37 models, 36 with images and 14 with schematics for wireless sets etc. In French: TSF for Télégraphie sans fil.
All listed radios etc. from Acoustical Manufacturing Co. Ltd, The; Huntingdon