Quad CD Player 66 CD
- Great Britain (UK)
- Manufacturer / Brand
- Acoustical Manufacturing Co. Ltd, The; Huntingdon
- 1989 ?
- Sound/Video Recorder and/or Player
- Radiomuseum.org ID
- Brand: Quad
- Number of Transistors
- Semiconductors present.
- Main principle
- Wave bands
- - without
- CD-Player, -Writer, MD, MOD (audio); Radio Control (+Remote Wire etc)
- Power type and voltage
- Alternating Current supply (AC) / 110; 127; 220; 240 Volt
- - For headphones or amp.
- Various materials
- from Radiomuseum.org
- Model: Quad CD Player 66 CD - Acoustical Manufacturing Co.
- Book-shelf unit.
- Dimensions (WHD)
- 321 x 80 x 275 mm / 12.6 x 3.1 x 10.8 inch
The first stereo hi-fi compact disc player built by Quad, using a Philips CD laser mechanism (CDM-4) and chipset (including the TDA1541A-S1 DAC). Operated by infrared remote control, either its own or the Quad 66 Control Panel which accompanies the Quad 66 Preamplifier. RCA phono sockets for Line Output, Digital Output and Control In/Out (for future applications).
Specification Operation: Full function by infrared remote control or simple direct to play operation without remote control. Remote control Interface: RC-5 system. Number of channels: 2 Frequency response: 20 - 20,000 Hz. Amplitude linearity: +/- 0.1 dB 20 - 20,000 Hz. Phase linearity: +/- 0.5 deg 20 - 20,000 Hz. Dynamic range: 96 dB 20 - 20,000 Hz. Signal/noise ratio: 96 dB 20 - 20,000 Hz. Channel separation: 93 dB 20 - 20,000 Hz. Total harmonic distortion: 0.003% 20 - 20,000 Hz. Wow and flutter: Below measurement levels. D/A conversion: Quadruple oversampling (176.4 kHz) with digital filter and two 16-bit D/A converters. Error correction system: Cross interleaved Reed Solomon Code (CIRC). Optical readout system: Laser semi-conductor A/GaA wavelength 800 nm. Sampling frequency: 44.1 kHz. Audio Output: 2 V rms max. 300 mV on normal programme material. Minimum load impedance 10 kΩ Digital output: For digital signal processors.
110, 127, 220 or 240V AC 50-60 Hz. (changed by links on PCB)
Power consumption: 25W approx.
- Net weight (2.2 lb = 1 kg)
- 3.5 kg / 7 lb 11.3 oz (7.709 lb)
- Mentioned in
- Gramophone magazine Sept. 1989 - Quad 66 Series launched at Chicago Show
- Literature/Schematics (1)
- - - Manufacturers Literature (Quad 66 Compact Disc Player Service Manual)
- Model page created by Howard Craven. See "Data change" for further contributors.
- Other Models
Here you find 37 models, 36 with images and 14 with schematics for wireless sets etc. In French: TSF for Télégraphie sans fil.
All listed radios etc. from Acoustical Manufacturing Co. Ltd, The; Huntingdon