Receiver - Transmitter RT-5010 / PRC-510
- Manufacturer / Brand
- Addison Industries, Ltd.;Toronto
- Military Equipment (not Re, Tr or RXT)
- Radiomuseum.org ID
- Number of Tubes
- Main principle
- Transceiver; ZF/IF 4300 kHz; 1 AF stage(s)
- Tuned circuits
- 8 FM circuit(s)
- Wave bands
- Wave Bands given in the notes.
- Power type and voltage
- Dry Batteries / 1.5 & 6 & 67.5 & 135 Volt
- - For headphones or amp.
- Metal case
- from Radiomuseum.org
- Model: Receiver - Transmitter RT-5010 / PRC-510 - Addison Industries, Ltd.;
- Miscellaneous shapes - described under notes.
- Dimensions (WHD)
- 9.5 x 3 x 10.5 inch / 241 x 76 x 267 mm
The RT-5010 / PRC-510 is a Canadian improved version of the PRC-10, covering a frequency range from 38 Mc/s to 54.9 Mc/s. Visible differences are a more finely calibrated dial, a slightly different antenna connector block and an additional audio connector on the right front side. Internally, the radio is similar to the PRC-10A, with only four IF amplifiers, a different discriminator transformer, an additional pulse-sweep generator and only one calibration oscillator.
This radio set was designed for field use with battery BA-279/U, or for vehicular use with 24 volts PSU and audio amplifier AM-598/U. AM-598/U has to be set to "PRC-10A" setting before connecting it to the PRC-510.
- Net weight (2.2 lb = 1 kg)
- 9 lb (9 lb 0 oz) / 4.086 kg
- Mentioned in
- -- Original-techn. papers.
- Model page created by Robert Düring. See "Data change" for further contributors.
- Other Models
Here you find 48 models, 40 with images and 39 with schematics for wireless sets etc. In French: TSF for Télégraphie sans fil.
All listed radios etc. from Addison Industries, Ltd.;Toronto