- Manufacturer / Brand
- Amalgamated Wireless (Australasia) Ltd. (AWA); Sydney
- Car Radio, perhaps also + sound player/recorder
- Radiomuseum.org ID
- Number of Tubes
- Number of Transistors
- Main principle
- Superheterodyne (common); ZF/IF 455 kHz
- Wave bands
- Broadcast only (MW).
- Power type and voltage
- Storage Battery for all (e.g. for car radios and amateur radios) / 6 Volt
- - This model requires external speaker(s).
- Metal case
- from Radiomuseum.org
- Model: 979-AZ - Amalgamated Wireless
- Chassis only or for «building in»
942-A manually tuned for 1958-1962 Volkswagen Sedans
942-AZ similar but different coils
979-A (Volkswagen model VA137) manually tuned
979-AZ similar but different coils
978-A (Volkswagen model VA136)
- Mentioned in
- -- Original-techn. papers. (AWA, Jan. 1964)
- Model page created by a member from A. See "Data change" for further contributors.
- Other Models
Here you find 1376 models, 744 with images and 416 with schematics for wireless sets etc. In French: TSF for Télégraphie sans fil.
All listed radios etc. from Amalgamated Wireless (Australasia) Ltd. (AWA); Sydney