Radiola 45E C79
- Manufacturer / Brand
- Amalgamated Wireless (Australasia) Ltd. (AWA); Sydney
- Broadcast Receiver - or past WW2 Tuner
- Radiomuseum.org ID
Click on the schematic thumbnail to request the schematic as a free document.
- Number of Tubes
- Main principle
- TRF without regeneration; 1 AF stage(s); Screengrid 1926-1935
- Tuned circuits
- 3 AM circuit(s)
- Wave bands
- Broadcast only (MW).
- Power type and voltage
- Alternating Current supply (AC) / 190-270 Volt
- Electro Magnetic Dynamic LS (moving-coil with field excitation coil)
- Wooden case
- from Radiomuseum.org
- Model: Radiola 45E C79 - Amalgamated Wireless
- Console, Lowboy (legs < 50 %).
5 Valve, AC powered, Screen Grid, TRF Receiver with Linear Power Detection and one stage of audio amplification.
The chassis has provision for an aerial Local/Distance Switch, phonograph audio inputs and a Radio/Phono change over switch. Also provision has been made to use either an Electromagnetic or permanent magnet speaker with a field compensating resistor included. There is a power socket mounted on the rear of chassis for powering a phonograph. The chassis is also used in the Duoforte 45E.
The chassis has two large boxes on the rear. One houses the power transformer and the other the power smoothing components.
Console style, Walnut cabinet with volume, tuning and tone controls, plus aerial Local/Distance switch and Phono Input Switch on the front panel.
- Price in first year of sale
- 40.00 Aus£
- Mentioned in
- The Golden Age of Radio in the Home 1986 (P151)
- Literature/Schematics (1)
- - - Manufacturers Literature (AWA Radiola service Instruction 1931)
|AWA 45E C79 Service Data.||134 KB|
|AWA 45E 45B 1931 Brochure||976 KB|
- Documents regarding this model
- Model page created by Stuart Irwin. See "Data change" for further contributors.
- Other Models
Here you find 1324 models, 671 with images and 404 with schematics for wireless sets etc. In French: TSF for Télégraphie sans fil.
All listed radios etc. from Amalgamated Wireless (Australasia) Ltd. (AWA); Sydney