Aristocrat 651 Early
- Manufacturer / Brand
- Electrical Specialty Mfg. Co. Ltd. (ESM)
- Broadcast Receiver - or past WW2 Tuner
- Radiomuseum.org ID
Click on the schematic thumbnail to request the schematic as a free document.
- Number of Tubes
- Main principle
- Superhet with RF-stage; ZF/IF 210 kHz; 3 AF stage(s)
- Tuned circuits
- 7 AM circuit(s)
- Wave bands
- Broadcast and Short Wave (SW).
- Power type and voltage
- Storage and/or dry batteries / 2 & 45 & 67.5 & 135 & -1.5 & -4.5 & -9 Volt
- Permanent Magnet Dynamic (PDyn) Loudspeaker (moving coil) / Ø 10 inch = 25.4 cm
- Wooden case
- from Radiomuseum.org
- Model: Aristocrat 651 [Early] - Electrical Specialty Mfg. Co.
- Console, Lowboy (legs < 50 %).
The RF stage is bypassed in case of shortwave reception.
There is a later version of model 651 with a 1K6 instead of a 1B5 and adapted circuit around it.
Used a 10" speaker with 20kΩ transformer.
Also available as model 651V (early) with modifications to the filament wiring to permit 6 Volt storage battery operation.
Radio Trade Annual 1939 & Mingay's IF Index gives IF frequency as 210 kHz but AORSM gives it as 465 kHz.
- Mentioned in
- Australian Official Radio Service Manual Vol. I
- Literature/Schematics (1)
- Radio Trade Annual of Australia (7th Edition 1939, Page 201.)
- Literature/Schematics (2)
- Australian Official Radio Service Manual AORSM (Volume 1, 1938, Page 38.)
- Model page created by Gary Cowans. See "Data change" for further contributors.
- Other Models
Here you find 63 models, 18 with images and 15 with schematics for wireless sets etc. In French: TSF for Télégraphie sans fil.
All listed radios etc. from Electrical Specialty Mfg. Co. Ltd. (ESM)