Aristocrat 651V Early
- Manufacturer / Brand
- Electrical Specialty Mfg. Co. Ltd. (ESM)
- Broadcast Receiver - or past WW2 Tuner
- Radiomuseum.org ID
Click on the schematic thumbnail to request the schematic as a free document.
- Number of Tubes
- Main principle
- Superhet with RF-stage; ZF/IF 210 kHz; 3 AF stage(s)
- Tuned circuits
- 7 AM circuit(s)
- Wave bands
- Broadcast and Short Wave (SW).
- Power type and voltage
- Storage Battery for all (e.g. for car radios and amateur radios) / 6 Volt
- Permanent Magnet Dynamic (PDyn) Loudspeaker (moving coil) / Ø 10 inch = 25.4 cm
- Wooden case
- from Radiomuseum.org
- Model: Aristocrat 651V [Early] - Electrical Specialty Mfg. Co.
- Console, Lowboy (legs < 50 %).
The RF stage is bypassed in case of shortwave reception.
Uses separate plug in vibrator power pack.
There is a later model 651V with a 1K6 instead of a 1B5 and adapted circuit around it.
Used a 10" speaker with 20kΩ transformer.
Also available as model 651 (early) with modifications to the filament wiring to permit dry batteries operation.
Mingay's IF Index and Radio Trade Annual 1939 give the IF frequency as 210 kHz but AORSM gives it as 465 kHz.
- Mentioned in
- Australian Official Radio Service Manual Vol. I
- Literature/Schematics (1)
- Radio Trade Annual of Australia (7th Edition 1939, Page 201.)
- Literature/Schematics (2)
- Australian Official Radio Service Manual AORSM (Volume 1, 1938, Page 39.)
- Model page created by Gary Cowans. See "Data change" for further contributors.
- Other Models
Here you find 63 models, 18 with images and 15 with schematics for wireless sets etc. In French: TSF for Télégraphie sans fil.
All listed radios etc. from Electrical Specialty Mfg. Co. Ltd. (ESM)