- Manufacturer / Brand
- Aristocrat, Syme E.S.M. (ESM), Pty. Ltd.; Glebe, NSW
- Broadcast Receiver - or past WW2 Tuner
- Radiomuseum.org ID
Click on the schematic thumbnail to request the schematic as a free document.
- Number of Tubes
- Main principle
- Superheterodyne (common); ZF/IF 452 kHz; 2 AF stage(s); Reflex
- Tuned circuits
- 6 AM circuit(s)
- Wave bands
- Broadcast only (MW).
- Power type and voltage
- Alternating Current supply (AC) / 240 Volt
- Electro Magnetic Dynamic LS (moving-coil with field excitation coil) / Ø 6.5 inch = 16.5 cm
- Leather / canvas / plastic - over other material
- from Radiomuseum.org
- Model: 850AM - Aristocrat, Syme E.S.M. ESM,
- Tablemodel without push buttons, Mantel/Midget/Compact up to 14
- Dimensions (WHD)
- 11 x 9.5 x 7 inch / 279 x 241 x 178 mm
Small, push button, permeability tuned, mantel radio with no dial.
The 6G8G is reflexed as both the I.F. amplifier and 1st audio.
Available in the following colour combinations.
- Cream and Green
- Black and Green
- Ivory and Black
- Price in first year of sale
- 12.60 AUS £
- Circuit diagram reference
- Australian Official Radio Service Manual Vol. I I
- Mentioned in
- Wireless Weekly (Australia) (March 4, 1938, Page 15.)
- Model page created by Stuart Irwin. See "Data change" for further contributors.
- Other Models
Here you find 98 models, 8 with images and 94 with schematics for wireless sets etc. In French: TSF for Télégraphie sans fil.
All listed radios etc. from Aristocrat, Syme E.S.M. (ESM), Pty. Ltd.; Glebe, NSW