- Great Britain (UK)
- Manufacturer / Brand
- Baird (brand) - Baird Television, Scophony, Scophony-Baird; London
- Broadcast Receiver - or past WW2 Tuner
- Radiomuseum.org ID
Click on the schematic thumbnail to request the schematic as a free document.
- Number of Transistors
- Main principle
- Superheterodyne (common); ZF/IF 470 kHz; 2 AF stage(s)
- Tuned circuits
- 5 AM circuit(s)
- Wave bands
- Broadcast (MW) and Long Wave.
- Power type and voltage
- Dry Batteries / 9 Volt
- Permanent Magnet Dynamic (PDyn) Loudspeaker (moving coil)
- from Radiomuseum.org
- Model: 256 - Baird brand - Baird Television
Similar to the earlier model 244. Set has a car aerial socket.
Made by Radio Rentals.
- Source of data
- -- Original-techn. papers.
- Mentioned in
- Radio! Radio!
- Literature/Schematics (1)
- Paul Stennings CD, vol 4.
- Model page created by Keith Staines. See "Data change" for further contributors.
- Other Models
Here you find 76 models, 48 with images and 38 with schematics for wireless sets etc. In French: TSF for Télégraphie sans fil.
All listed radios etc. from Baird (brand) - Baird Television, Scophony, Scophony-Baird; London