- Great Britain (UK)
- Manufacturer / Brand
- Baird (brand) - Baird Television, Scophony, Scophony-Baird; London
- 1962 ??
- Broadcast Receiver - or past WW2 Tuner
- Radiomuseum.org ID
- Number of Transistors
- Main principle
- Superheterodyne (common); 2 AF stage(s)
- Tuned circuits
- 7 AM circuit(s)
- Wave bands
- Broadcast (MW) and Long Wave.
- Power type and voltage
- Dry Batteries / 9 Volt
- Permanent Magnet Dynamic (PDyn) Loudspeaker (moving coil)
- Plastics (no bakelite or catalin)
- from Radiomuseum.org
- Model: M246 - Baird brand - Baird Television
- Portable set > 8 inch (also usable without mains)
Car aerial socket fitted. Same circuit as M240. Also features a carrying handle and A pre-set LW band (Set on BBC Light)
Made by Radio Rentals.
- Source of data
- -- Schematic
- Literature/Schematics (1)
- Paul Stennings CD, vol 2.
- Model page created by Keith Staines. See "Data change" for further contributors.
- Other Models
Here you find 76 models, 48 with images and 38 with schematics for wireless sets etc. In French: TSF for Télégraphie sans fil.
All listed radios etc. from Baird (brand) - Baird Television, Scophony, Scophony-Baird; London