- Great Britain (UK)
- Manufacturer / Brand
- Brown S. G. Ltd.; London
- Broadcast Receiver - or past WW2 Tuner
- Radiomuseum.org ID
- Number of Tubes
- Main principle
- TRF (Tuned-Radio-Frequency but use of regeneration unknown)
- Tuned circuits
- 2 AM circuit(s)
- Wave bands
- Broadcast (MW) and Long Wave.
- Power type and voltage
- Alternating Current supply (AC) / AC 240 & DC 18 Volt
- Electro Magnetic Dynamic LS (moving-coil with field excitation coil) / Ø 14 inch = 35.6 cm
- Wooden case
- from Radiomuseum.org
- Model: Dorchester - Brown S. G. Ltd.; London
- Console, Lowboy (legs < 50 %).
- Dimensions (WHD)
- 450 x 1100 x 320 mm / 17.7 x 43.3 x 12.6 inch
Tubes: HF, Det, LF.
All mains receiver (except bias battery which allows adjustment of valves).
Prices: fitted with moving coil speaker, 6 volt field coil, high resistance speech coil and pitch control: £ 45; fitted with moving coil speaker, permanent magnet movement, high resistance speech coil and pitch control £ 47; fitted with moving coil speaker, energised direct from AC mains, complete with rectifier, high resistance speech coil and pitch control £ 48.
- Net weight (2.2 lb = 1 kg)
- 25 kg / 55 lb 1.1 oz (55.066 lb)
- Mentioned in
- - - Manufacturers Literature
- Model page created by John Koster. See "Data change" for further contributors.
- Other Models
Here you find 51 models, 41 with images and 3 with schematics for wireless sets etc. In French: TSF for Télégraphie sans fil.
All listed radios etc. from Brown S. G. Ltd.; London