- United States of America (USA)
- Manufacturer / Brand
- DuMont Labs, Allen B., Inc.
- Broadcast Receiver - or past WW2 Tuner
- Radiomuseum.org ID
- alternative name: Dumont Television & Radio
Click on the schematic thumbnail to request the schematic as a free document.
- Number of Tubes
- Main principle
- Superheterodyne (common); ZF/IF 455 kHz; 2 AF stage(s)
- Tuned circuits
- 6 AM circuit(s)
- Wave bands
- Broadcast only (MW).
- Power type and voltage
- Alternating Current supply (AC) / 110 - 120 Volt
- Permanent Magnet Dynamic (PDyn) Loudspeaker (moving coil) / Ø 4 inch = 10.2 cm
- Plastics (no bakelite or catalin)
- from Radiomuseum.org
- Model: 1120 - DuMont Labs, Allen B., Inc.
- Tablemodel without push buttons, Mantel/Midget/Compact up to 14
- The Dumont Model 1120 is an AC Operated 5 Tube AM Receiver.
- Circuit diagram reference
- Beitman Radio Diagrams Vol. 17, 1957
- Literature/Schematics (1)
- Photofact Folder, Howard W. SAMS (Date 4-57, Set 354, Folder 4)
- Model page created by Egon Penker. See "Data change" for further contributors.
- Other Models
Here you find 296 models, 154 with images and 239 with schematics for wireless sets etc. In French: TSF for Télégraphie sans fil.
All listed radios etc. from DuMont Labs, Allen B., Inc.
Forum contributions about this model: DuMont Labs, Allen B: 1120
Threads: 2 | Posts: 6
I'm preparing to restore the circuit of a Dumont 1120. I noticed that the measured resistances for couplet were far off. The 470K resistor between pin 5 and pin7 measured 1.8M ohms. The other 470K resistor between pin 6 and pin 4 measured 5.5M ohms. And the 10Meg resistor between Pin 1 and Pin4 measured 16.5M ohms.
Is it common for these to fail? I just had to rebuild one on a Sylvania R518 couplet.
Schematic included by DR
- Couplet (49 KB)
Jay Graven, 01.Oct.21
Restoring a Dumont 1120 clock radio. Unfortunately all four screw posts have broken away from the cabinet. I still have the broken posts attached to the screws. Anyone know a good way to reglue the broken posts back to the cabinet? Will JB Weld work??
Jay Graven, 27.Sep.21