Peter Pan Adventurer CKP With 3V4 valve.
- Manufacturer / Brand
- Eclipse Radio Pty. Ltd.; Melbourne
- Broadcast Receiver - or past WW2 Tuner
- Radiomuseum.org ID
- alternative name: Electronic Industries Ltd
Click on the schematic thumbnail to request the schematic as a free document.
- Number of Tubes
- Main principle
- Superhet with RF-stage; ZF/IF 455 kHz; 2 AF stage(s)
- Tuned circuits
- 7 AM circuit(s)
- Wave bands
- Broadcast only (MW).
- Power type and voltage
- Dry Batteries / 90 & 1.5 Volt
- Permanent Magnet Dynamic (PDyn) Loudspeaker (moving coil) / Ø 8 inch = 20.3 cm
- Leather / canvas / plastic - over other material
- from Radiomuseum.org
- Model: Peter Pan Adventurer CKP [With 3V4 valve.] - Eclipse Radio Pty. Ltd.;
- Portable set > 8 inch (also usable without mains)
- Dimensions (WHD)
- 12 x 12 x 5 inch / 305 x 305 x 127 mm
Features: 5V, B/C; tuned R.F. stage; 8' speaker; combined on/off switch and volume control; aerial built in; external aerial kit available but not standard; moulded carrying handle; leatherette covered wooden case in brown & grey; provision for ext. HD batteries; overall size 12" x 12" x 5"; weighs 18 lbs.
Retail selling price: £29/19/6.
Battery types used:
During production of the model, the type 3Q4 tube was superseded by type 3V4 power output tube, and the replacement is made accordingly in later runs of the receiver. these tubes are indentical in thier electrical characteristics but differ in socket connections therefore if it is desired to replace either of these with the other type, no circuit alteration is necessary except for the wiring of the socket.
- Net weight (2.2 lb = 1 kg)
- 18 lb 0 oz (18 lb) / 8.172 kg
- Price in first year of sale
- 29.95 AUS £
- Circuit diagram reference
- Australian Official Radio Service Manual Vol. VI
- Mentioned in
- Radio Electrical Weekly, Portables Supplement, 29/10/1948.
- Literature/Schematics (1)
- - - Manufacturers Literature (Eclipse Radio Technical Bulletin, CKP-1, 29/9/1947.)
- Literature/Schematics (2)
- Australian Official Radio Service Manual AORSM (Volume 6, 1948, Page 388.)
- Literature/Schematics (3)
- Mingay's "Radio Diagram & I.F. Index
- Model page created by Stuart Irwin. See "Data change" for further contributors.
- Other Models
Here you find 222 models, 59 with images and 112 with schematics for wireless sets etc. In French: TSF for Télégraphie sans fil.
All listed radios etc. from Eclipse Radio Pty. Ltd.; Melbourne
The model Peter Pan Adventurer is part of the collections of the following members.