Cabin Set 670A (S670A)
- Great Britain (UK)
- Manufacturer / Brand
- Eddystone, Birmingham
- Commercial Receiver (may include amateur bands)
- Radiomuseum.org ID
- alternative name: Stratton & Co.Ltd.; Birmingham
Click on the schematic thumbnail to request the schematic as a free document.
- Number of Tubes
- Main principle
- Superhet with RF-stage; ZF/IF 450 kHz
- Wave bands
- Broadcast plus more than 2 Short Wave bands.
- Power type and voltage
- AC/DC-set / 110, 200, 230 Volt
- Permanent Magnet Dynamic (PDyn) Loudspeaker (moving coil)
- Metal case
- from Radiomuseum.org
- Model: Cabin Set 670A - Eddystone, Birmingham
- Tablemodel, with any shape - general.
Receiver used as "cabin set" on board of ships for first class passengers and ship's officers;
Coverage 150 kHz - 30 MHz in four bands (150-380 kHz; 540-1500 kHz; 3,7-10,6 MHz; 10,4-30 MHz, note the gap in the range of maritime communications bands), AM only.
New "slide-rule" dial.
Model also listed as 883 / S883, similar model 881 / S881 "Cabin tuner" protoype, sold under Marconi label (MIMCO 2232A).
- Price in first year of sale
- 49.00 GBP
- Source of data
- Shortwave Receivers - Past & Present (3rd ed.)
- Mentioned in
- Eddystone User Group: Quick Reference Guide
- Model page created by Martin Bösch. See "Data change" for further contributors.
- Other Models
Here you find 236 models, 90 with images and 33 with schematics for wireless sets etc. In French: TSF for Télégraphie sans fil.
All listed radios etc. from Eddystone, Birmingham
The model Cabin Set is part of the collections of the following members.