Starfinder III (3) R8004 G
- Great Britain (UK)
- Manufacturer / Brand
- GEC, General Electric Co Ltd., GENALEX; London
- 1977 ?
- Broadcast Receiver - or past WW2 Tuner
- Radiomuseum.org ID
- Brand: Gecophone
- Number of Transistors
- Main principle
- Superheterodyne (common); ZF/IF 460/10700 kHz
- Wave bands
- Broadcast, Long Wave, Short Wave plus FM or UHF.
- Power type and voltage
- Line / Batteries (any type) / 240 / 6 x 1.5 Volt
- Permanent Magnet Dynamic (PDyn) Loudspeaker (moving coil) - elliptical / Ø 6 inch = 15.2 cm
- Power out
- 0.75 W (max.)
- Plastics (no bakelite or catalin)
- from Radiomuseum.org
- Model: Starfinder III R8004 G - GEC, General Electric Co Ltd.,
- Portable set > 8 inch (also usable without mains)
- Dimensions (WHD)
- 318 x 203 x 80 mm / 12.5 x 8 x 3.1 inch
See Model GEC R8003 (which has wood grain look) for service information.
The R8004 has a black finish, both models have a MW preset button.
Wave bands MW & LW, SW 5.8 - 16MHz, VHF FM 87.5 - 104MHz
5 pin DIN socket for connection to and from a tape recorder.
3mm Jack socket for earphones.
Batteries, 6 x D cells
- Model page created by Mike Edwards † 25.10.21. See "Data change" for further contributors.
- Other Models
Here you find 434 models, 272 with images and 234 with schematics for wireless sets etc. In French: TSF for Télégraphie sans fil.
All listed radios etc. from GEC, General Electric Co Ltd., GENALEX; London