- Great Britain (UK)
- Manufacturer / Brand
- GEC, General Electric Co Ltd., GENALEX; London
- 1967 ?
- Broadcast Receiver - or past WW2 Tuner
- Radiomuseum.org ID
- Brand: Gecophone
Click on the schematic thumbnail to request the schematic as a free document.
- Number of Transistors
- Main principle
- Superheterodyne (common); ZF/IF 470/10700 kHz; 4 AF stage(s)
- Tuned circuits
- 7 AM circuit(s) 9 FM circuit(s)
- Wave bands
- Broadcast, (BC) Long Wave (LW), 2 x SW and FM or UHF.
- Power type and voltage
- Dry Batteries / PP9: 9 Volt
- Permanent Magnet Dynamic (PDyn) Loudspeaker (moving coil) - elliptical
- Power out
- 0.8 W (unknown quality)
- Plastics (no bakelite or catalin)
- from Radiomuseum.org
- Model: G820 - GEC, General Electric Co Ltd.,
- Portable set > 8 inch (also usable without mains)
- Dimensions (WHD)
- 13 x 8 x 3 inch / 330 x 203 x 76 mm
A battery portable eight waveband ten transistor radio covering MW, LW, SW and VHF. Two separate telescopic aerials for FM and SW. Tuning indicator/battery check meter. Sockets for tape recorder, an earphone/external loudspeaker and a car aerial. Elliptical loudspeaker 6 x 4 inches.
- LW 1105-2000 metres
- MW 191-570 metres
- MW Bandspread 178-211 metres
- SW1 29-95 metres
- SW1 Bandspread 31 metre band
- SW2 13-42 metres
- SW2 Bandspread 13 metre band
- VHF 87-108.5 MHz
- Circuit diagram reference
- Radio and TV Servicing books (R&TVS) book
- Mentioned in
- -- Original-techn. papers.
- Literature/Schematics (1)
- Trader Service Sheet (suppl. of Wireless & El. Trader, etc.) (1796 dated 24 March 1967)
- Model page created by Peter Hoddow. See "Data change" for further contributors.
- Other Models
Here you find 435 models, 273 with images and 235 with schematics for wireless sets etc. In French: TSF for Télégraphie sans fil.
All listed radios etc. from GEC, General Electric Co Ltd., GENALEX; London
The model is part of the collections of the following members.