- Great Britain (UK)
- Manufacturer / Brand
- Kolster Brandes Ltd. (KB, K.B., ITT); Foots Cray; GB
- Broadcast Receiver - or past WW2 Tuner
- Radiomuseum.org ID
Click on the schematic thumbnail to request the schematic as a free document.
- Number of Tubes
- Main principle
- Superheterodyne (common); ZF/IF 464 kHz
- Wave bands
- Broadcast, Long Wave and Short Wave.
- Power type and voltage
- Alternating Current supply (AC) / 200-250 Volt
- Electro Magnetic Dynamic LS (moving-coil with field excitation coil) / Ø 8 inch = 20.3 cm
- Wooden case
- from Radiomuseum.org
- Model: KB 640 - Kolster Brandes Ltd. KB, K.B.,
- Tablemodel, low profile (big size).
- Dimensions (WHD)
- 19.5 x 13.5 x 11 inch / 495 x 343 x 279 mm
"Bearing in mind the fine all-round performance of the KB 640, its exceptionally attractive appearance, unique dependability and the fact that it costs only 9½ guineas, it is one of the finest radio bargains ever offered. It will give splendid reception of the pick of the world's broadcast programmes with remarkable freedom from interference and extraneous noises."
Wave-ranges: 16.5-50, 195-550, 970-2,300 metres.
6 tuned circuits. Special input circuit to eliminate "whistles."
Three-colour, illuminated, full-vision dial with station names. Provision for external speaker. Sensitive 8 in. moving coil speaker with special centring device and high-fidelity cone.
Output 3 watts. 200-250 volts A.C., 40-60 cycles.
Horizontal figured walnut cabinet with pleasantly contrasting reliefs.
Dimensions: 19½: in. long, 13½ in. high, 11 in. deep. May be used with KB All-Wave “Rejectostat” aerial.
PRlCE: 9½ GUINEAS
- Price in first year of sale
- 9.98 GBP
- Source of data
- Technisch- Commercieel - Radio Vademecum Staleman
- Literature/Schematics (1)
- Trader Service Sheet (suppl. of Wireless & El. Trader, etc.) (288)
- Model page created by John Koster. See "Data change" for further contributors.
- Other Models
Here you find 415 models, 372 with images and 253 with schematics for wireless sets etc. In French: TSF for Télégraphie sans fil.
All listed radios etc. from Kolster Brandes Ltd. (KB, K.B., ITT); Foots Cray; GB