- Great Britain (UK)
- Manufacturer / Brand
- Kolster Brandes Ltd. (KB, K.B., ITT); Foots Cray; GB
- Broadcast Receiver - or past WW2 Tuner
- Radiomuseum.org ID
Click on the schematic thumbnail to request the schematic as a free document.
- Number of Transistors
- Main principle
- Superheterodyne (common); ZF/IF 470 kHz
- Wave bands
- Broadcast (MW) and Long Wave.
- Power type and voltage
- Dry Batteries / 9 Volt
- Permanent Magnet Dynamic (PDyn) Loudspeaker (moving coil) - elliptical
- from Radiomuseum.org
- Model: Commodore KR022 - Kolster Brandes Ltd. KB, K.B.,
- Portable set > 8 inch (also usable without mains)
- Dimensions (WHD)
- 310 x 175 x 75 mm / 12.2 x 6.9 x 3 inch
MW is spread between 2 bands giving "bandspread" on both the high and low wavelengths.
Alternative transistors found in the "Brown" example seen above in photo ID=2275174 serial number 1278/11805, are AF127 AF127 OC70 AC127 AC128 AC127 AC128.
In the "Grey" example photo ID=1403860 serial number 1278/04212, alternative transistors were; AF117 AF127 AC151 AC127 AC128 AC127 AC128
Battery type; PP9.
Dimensions do not include knobs and handle.
Same chassis as RGD RR222 "Rambler"
- Price in first year of sale
- 19.16 UK £
- Mentioned in
- -- Original-techn. papers. (Date and price from Radio Radio, (Hill), page 260)
- Model page created by Peter Hoddow. See "Data change" for further contributors.
- Other Models
Here you find 413 models, 370 with images and 253 with schematics for wireless sets etc. In French: TSF for Télégraphie sans fil.
All listed radios etc. from Kolster Brandes Ltd. (KB, K.B., ITT); Foots Cray; GB