- United States of America (USA)
- Manufacturer / Brand
- Lafayette Radio & TV Corp; New York (NY)
- Broadcast Receiver - or past WW2 Tuner
- Radiomuseum.org ID
- alternative name: Wholesale Radio
Click on the schematic thumbnail to request the schematic as a free document.
- Number of Tubes
- Main principle
- Superheterodyne (common); ZF/IF 175 kHz; 2 AF stage(s)
- Tuned circuits
- 6 AM circuit(s)
- Wave bands
- Broadcast only (MW).
- Power type and voltage
- AC/DC-set / 110 - 120 Volt
- Electro Magnetic Dynamic LS (moving-coil with field excitation coil)
- Wooden case
- from Radiomuseum.org
- Model: A-77 Leader - Lafayette Radio & TV Corp; New
- Tablemodel, Tombstone = decorative upright, not cathedral but can have rounded edges.
- Dimensions (WHD)
- 12 x 14.5 x 6 inch / 305 x 368 x 152 mm
- The catalog names this Lafayette model A-77 5 tube Leader. It is a AC-DC model with a range of 190 - 550 m. The catalog names 2 x tube 77 but Rider's vol. 10-10 a 6A7 as Osc. 1st Det., followed by one IF tube 77. The model has an Airplane Dial and a three-gang tuning condenser (pre-selector antenna tuning) but only 3 tuned circuits for the IF. There is a special model for use in European countries which incorparates an additional long wave band, covering a frequency range from 850 - 2000 meters. It is otherwise identical and is called A-77L European. For either model there is available an adaptor cord for 220 volts at $ 1.00.
The list price for model A-77 Leader is $ 29.90 but the Lafayette price is $ 14.95. For the A-77L it is $ 35.90, Lafayette price $ 17.95. See details and summaries for the models of this catalog.
- Price in first year of sale
- 15.00 $
- External source of data
- Ernst Erb
- Circuit diagram reference
- Rider's Perpetual, Volume 10 = 1939 and before
- Literature/Schematics (1)
- Lafayette Radio Catalog (Lafayette catalog no. 57 for 1935, page 6.)
- Other Models
Here you find 1341 models, 1157 with images and 407 with schematics for wireless sets etc. In French: TSF for Télégraphie sans fil.
All listed radios etc. from Lafayette Radio & TV Corp; New York (NY)