Signal Shifter 9-1090G, 9-1090B
- United States of America (USA)
- Manufacturer / Brand
- Meissner Mfg. Div., Maguire Industries, Inc. (IL)
- 1947 ?
- Amateur Equipment (Other, but not Key)
- Radiomuseum.org ID
Click on the schematic thumbnail to request the schematic as a free document.
- Number of Tubes
- Wave bands
- Wave Bands given in the notes.
- Power type and voltage
- Alternating Current supply (AC) / 110 Volt
- - - No sound reproduction output.
- Power out
- 6 W (unknown quality)
- Metal case
- from Radiomuseum.org
- Model: Signal Shifter 9-1090G, 9-1090B - Meissner Mfg. Div., Maguire
- Tablemodel, Box - most often with Lid (NOT slant panel).
- Dimensions (WHD)
- 13.25 x 8.75 x 13.8125 inch / 337 x 222 x 351 mm
The Meissner model 9-1090 is a VFO (variable frequency oscillator) with an RF amplifier that was typically used as an exciter for a larger transmitter. RF output is "in excess of 6 watts". Output is link coupled. The coils for the six ranges (amateur bands of 10, 11, 15, 20, 40, and 80 meters) are turret mounted with a six-position selector. An eye tube serves as a tuning and keying indicator. Crystal control is an option. The tuning control is graduated from 0 to 500 and is designed to overlap the bands by 2% on either side.
The tube count in the advertisements is 6 which includes one voltage regulator, VR105 for oscillator screen stability, not normally counted in RMorg.
The unit was available as a 9-1090G (gray) or as 9-1090B (black).
- Price in first year of sale
- 120.00 USD
- Mentioned in
- - - Manufacturers Literature (1947 Meissner catalog)
- Model page created by Rich Post. See "Data change" for further contributors.
- Other Models
Here you find 72 models, 55 with images and 36 with schematics for wireless sets etc. In French: TSF for Télégraphie sans fil.
All listed radios etc. from Meissner Mfg. Div., Maguire Industries, Inc. (IL)