Reception Set R109
- Great Britain (UK)
- Manufacturer / Brand
- MILITARY U.K. (different makers for same model)
- Military Equipment (not Re, Tr or RXT)
- Radiomuseum.org ID
Click on the schematic thumbnail to request the schematic as a free document.
- Number of Tubes
- Main principle
- Superhet with RF-stage; ZF/IF 465 kHz; 3 AF stage(s)
- Tuned circuits
- 10 AM circuit(s)
- Wave bands
- Short Wave (SW only)
- Power type and voltage
- Dry Batteries / 6 Volt
- Permanent Magnet Dynamic (PDyn) Loudspeaker (moving coil)
- Metal case
- from Radiomuseum.org
- Model: Reception Set R109 - MILITARY U.K. different makers
- Boatanchor (heavy military or commercial set >20 kg).
- Dimensions (WHD)
- 14.75 x 12.5 x 11.5 inch / 375 x 318 x 292 mm
The reception set R-109 is an eight-valve superheterodyne, designed for R.T. or C.W. reception. The wireless set, a loudspeaker and vibrator power-pack are built in one metal case, which also contains a set of spare valves and spare vibrator.
It is mechanically similar to the receiver unit of Wireless Set No. 21 but incorporates a loudspeaker. The RF part of the circuit has major upgrades.
There were 5 models of the R109
CURRENT DRAIN (A)
1.8 – 8.5MHz
2 – 12MHz
RF Gain Control
2.5 – 12MHz
Uses ARP36 valve
1.8 – 8,.4MHz
2 – 12MHz
Same as A with tropical coating
- Net weight (2.2 lb = 1 kg)
- 43 lb (43 lb 0 oz) / 19.522 kg
- Mentioned in
- HRSA Radiowaves,No. 25, July 1988, page 25
- Model page created by Gary Cowans. See "Data change" for further contributors.
- Other Models
Here you find 143 models, 110 with images and 47 with schematics for wireless sets etc. In French: TSF for Télégraphie sans fil.
All listed radios etc. from MILITARY U.K. (different makers for same model)
The model Reception Set R109 is part of the collections of the following members.