Wireless Set No.38 Mk II
- Great Britain (UK)
- Manufacturer / Brand
- MILITARY U.K. (different makers for same model)
- Military Equipment (not Re, Tr or RXT)
- Radiomuseum.org ID
Click on the schematic thumbnail to request the schematic as a free document.
- Number of Tubes
- Main principle
- Transceiver; ZF/IF 285 kHz
- Tuned circuits
- 6 AM circuit(s)
- Wave bands
- Short Wave (SW only)
- Power type and voltage
- Dry Batteries / 3 & 150 Volt
- - For headphones or amp.
- Power out
- 2 W (unknown quality)
- Metal case
- from Radiomuseum.org
- Model: Wireless Set No.38 [Mk II] - MILITARY U.K. different makers
- Very small Portable or Pocket-Set (Handheld) < 8 inch.
- Wireless set No. 38: Short range man-pack transceiver covering 7,3 - 9 MHz, AM (A3), pout 0,2 Watt telephony;
powered by LT 3 V and HT 150 V dry batteries; used by British Army for short range communications in infantry patrols and for infantry tank communications;
the set is connected to the battery in the haversack, to the throat microphone and headphones by means of a Junction Box.
- Net weight (2.2 lb = 1 kg)
- 22 lb (22 lb 0 oz) / 9.988 kg
- Literature/Schematics (1)
- Wireless for the Warrior Vol. 1, L. Meulstee
- Model page created by Jacob Roschy. See "Data change" for further contributors.
- Other Models
Here you find 143 models, 110 with images and 47 with schematics for wireless sets etc. In French: TSF for Télégraphie sans fil.
All listed radios etc. from MILITARY U.K. (different makers for same model)
The model Wireless Set No.38 is part of the collections of the following members.