Wireless Set No.68 R / T
- Great Britain (UK)
- Manufacturer / Brand
- MILITARY U.K. (different makers for same model)
- Military Equipment (not Re, Tr or RXT)
- Radiomuseum.org ID
Click on the schematic thumbnail to request the schematic as a free document.
- Number of Tubes
- Main principle
- Transceiver; ZF/IF 465 kHz
- Wave bands
- Short Wave (SW only)
- Power type and voltage
- Dry Batteries / 150 & 12 & 3 Volt
- - For headphones or amp.
- Leather / canvas / plastic - over other material
- from Radiomuseum.org
- Model: Wireless Set No.68 [R / T] - MILITARY U.K. different makers
- Portable set > 8 inch (also usable without mains)
- Dimensions (WHD)
- 11 x 17.5 x 10.5 inch / 279 x 445 x 267 mm
- Wireless set No. 68 R / T: Short range man-pack transceiver covering 3 - 5,2 MHz, AM (A3) (CW), pout 0,25 Watt telephony;
powered by LT 3 V, 12 V GB and HT 150 V dry battery (battle battery); used by British Army for short range communications between company and battalion HQ or carried as man-pack on march;
In 1943, a low frequency variant of the original Wireless Set No.18 with optional crystal frequency control was produced, it became Wireless Set No.68 and was used for short range communications in airborne and parachute units and with combined operations.
The variant R is semi tropicalised, followed by the 1944 tropicalised variant Wireless Set No.68T which came with a different aerial base. A low frequency variant is the Wireless Set 68P.
- Net weight (2.2 lb = 1 kg)
- 32 lb (32 lb 0 oz) / 14.528 kg
- Mentioned in
- Wireless for the Warrior Vol. 1, L. Meulstee
- Model page created by Martin Bösch. See "Data change" for further contributors.
- Other Models
Here you find 143 models, 110 with images and 47 with schematics for wireless sets etc. In French: TSF for Télégraphie sans fil.
All listed radios etc. from MILITARY U.K. (different makers for same model)