- Manufacturer / Brand
- NSF Nederlandsche Seintoestellen Fabriek, Hilversum
- Broadcast Receiver - or past WW2 Tuner
- Radiomuseum.org ID
Click on the schematic thumbnail to request the schematic as a free document.
- Number of Tubes
- Main principle
- Superheterodyne (common); ZF/IF 452 kHz; 2 AF stage(s)
- Tuned circuits
- 6 AM circuit(s)
- Wave bands
- Broadcast, Long Wave and Short Wave.
- Power type and voltage
- AC/DC-set / 110; 220 Volt
- Permanent Magnet Dynamic (PDyn) Loudspeaker (moving coil) / Ø 13.5 cm = 5.3 inch
- Wooden case
- from Radiomuseum.org
- Model: H54U-05 - NSF Nederlandsche
- Tablemodel without push buttons, Mantel/Midget/Compact up to 14
- Dimensions (WHD)
- 292 x 182 x 142 mm / 11.5 x 7.2 x 5.6 inch
Produced under Philips license, based on the Philips 208U series.
This model, with a wooden cabinet covered with cloth made of twisted paper, was marketed as the more expensive version of the bakelite model H126U.
During WW2 rope was made using strong paper. The thinnest rope was used to make sackcloth that was used as loudspeaker cloth and covering. Because of the shortages, this material was used for some time after the war. The original colour was light brown; under the influence of light this colour became darker.
- Net weight (2.2 lb = 1 kg)
- 2.7 kg / 5 lb 15.2 oz (5.947 lb)
- Price in first year of sale
- 150.00 NLG
- Mentioned in
- Technisch- Commercieel - Radio Vademecum Staleman
- Literature/Schematics (1)
- -- Original-techn. papers. (Generic model 54U dated 1946)
- Model page created by Gidi Verheijen. See "Data change" for further contributors.
- Other Models
Here you find 161 models, 119 with images and 86 with schematics for wireless sets etc. In French: TSF for Télégraphie sans fil.
All listed radios etc. from NSF Nederlandsche Seintoestellen Fabriek, Hilversum